• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still struggling & in pain

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
I dont know wat to do?
Midwife suggested it may b thrush so she called my gp & im im waiting for a back
She said the only thing i can do is go to a drop in bf clinic
Tried calling volunteers from breastfeeding network in my area but no answer!!
So sad & down :(

ohh hugs hun. you can take some Tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain. do you have cracks or just pain?

Went gp he said its not nipple thrush & hass given me a chamomilie cream & advised me to go to breastfeeding class

Not really cracks but burning pain even after she stops sucking :(

Sounds like Thrush you need to treat it with you and baby. I think the cream they prescribe here is Dakoren(sp?)

No gp said its not thrush. Checked me & baby!
Wats going on?? :(

Is your nipple white after feeding? And feels as though you stuck your nipple in a freezer? Burning, stinging pain? It could be a vasospasm. I've personally had them and everyone told me it was thrush. I will attach a good link about reducing them.

https://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagename=doc-V-RP

hmm I would think thrush too but perhaps it's what vgibs is saying! do you have a breastfeeding support group in your area? maybe you need to work on latch! I know things are tough right now but they will get better and you will be so happy you persevered when they do :) keep up the good work and I hope you are feeling better soon

I remember mentioning I had the same pain when lo would nurse for long periods and it wasn't thrush for me either.

This explained a lot for me my lo would eventually get lazy and her latch would shallow out but she'd still want to suck no matter how many times I removed my nipple from her grip.

https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/nipple-blanching/

Thanks ladies
My nipples arent white after feeding tho?

hm hun could be its thrush can you get a second opinion? you can treat thrush yourself quickly using gentian violet if you don't mind purple nipples and a people baby tongue for a few days. just look it up online, you can buy it over the counter st the pharmacy.

leche league leader??
big :hugs:, you can do it it will get better.xxxx

My doctor told me i didnt have thrush but i got a lactation consultant out who helped with my latch and told me i had thrush. I treated it using dr jack newmans protocol and it took weeks but it cleared.

The pain wen feeding was like someone scraping sharp glass over ur nipple with burning and the odd time i had itching and shooting pains in the breast.

Get a 2nd opinion, on ur latch and the pain. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->