Still very emotional after chemical

tkeith8109

Reaction score
I am only posting here because the ttc doesn't have as much "foot traffic". I had a chemical on 12/16. Bled from that day (friday) to Tuesday. Pretty normal period. My hcg was at a 8 and went down to a 4. My progesterone was also a 3.4. However I am still very emotional, crying at random things and feeling angry and bitter when I am actually pretty happy about whatever is making me feel angry and bitter. I just watched the movie "Storks" with my kids and started crying. Then started thinking about the movie and started crying again. I have been doing that the past couple of days, just getting upset and teary about stuff that doesn't really matter. I have also been super gassy and just feeling kind of blah. Last night my left side felt like it was on fire and I just couldn't get out of bed. I haven't ovulated yet, should be this weekend or early next week so we have not started ttc again and have only had sex once since the mc. I know the hcg is no longer in my system, but why am I still so emotional? How long should it take to get back to normal emotionally? I have 2 kids and this is our 2nd mc. 1st one was at 7.5 weeks and even though that was hard I was able to cope with it a lot better and honestly I am actually okay with this. It sucks and I wish it would have stuck, but I know it happened for a reason. Any advice or insight? I only missed my period by one day so I feel like i shouldn't still be so emotional.

:hugs: All losses are hard, even an early one. Totally normal to be feeling emotional, partly because you are grieving and partly because even if you were only pregnant for a couple weeks the pregnancy hormones are still in overdrive and can take time to settle back down to non-pregnant levels. It will get easier, your heart and body will heal a little more each day. I hope you get a sticky bfp quickly when you are ready to ttc again!

Well my levels were only at an 8 then 2 days later were at a 4, which is considered non pregnant. All of my symptoms went away. The crying and gas has just started up again. Could my body be gearing up for o in the next couple of days and this is just part of it?

Do you normally get really emotional before O? Even if your hcg is back to normal, there are other pregnancy hormones that could still be out of whack. It's not unusual to O earlier or later after a chemical or miscarriage. The crying could also be intensified because of the time of the year...I was super teary and weepy Christmas eve and day for no good reason at all. Holidays are tough when dealing with loss!

No im not normally like this before o. I think it's just me being upset about the loss. The pregnant girl came back this week and I just found out another co worker is expecting and another might be. I think its just all starting to hit me and I'm anxious to start trying again.

Hi:hugs: I really can feel your hurting... I'm still sad about the loss i had in mid September...:cry: I have good days and bad days and nw around Christmas time i was very emotional... I cried for every little thing! I even started tearing up just by hubby saying"hey beautiful" to me lol.
It's hard but we will get that BFP soon and it WILL stick this time:thumbup:
I think hubby is starting to see how much it has affected me emotionally, he understands a little more. I see pregnant women everywhere I turn my head and on top if that I'm stupid enough to remind myself that around this I could have been 5 months pregnant already:cry: It's hard....
But we are here to support each other :hugs:

Thank you stargazer. I actually thought I was ok, but I guess not. The thing that gets me is this stuff is new and ive been feeling sick to my stomach and last night i just felt like crap. My left side felt like it was on fire. I was starting to get worried that maybe something was wrong, but I feel like i would know by now.

So sorry for your loss. I've just had a chemical too , I bled for almost 2 weeks . it's just finished so onto month 7 xxx

Hopeful I'm sorry. I am actually feeling a lot better now that we started trying again a few days ago and I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. It still sucks, but I really try to look at the silver lining even in crappy situations like this. I just know that my time will come and it will be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->