Stitches and peeing (TMI)

Wilsey

Mummy of two!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had a vbac with my daughter (four days ago) and got a very small tear (inside my vagina not outside) and got one stitch. How long should it hurt to pee? It stung like a mother the first time but it's still hurting. I am trying to drink lots of water to dilute my urine but it's not helping.

Is this normal? :shrug: Could it be an infection? :nope:

It can sting for a couple weeks. Did they give you the squirt bottle? Fill it up with warm water and squirt it down there while you pee. It helps, even with the inside tear. Also if it was infected it would stink I think, and you're discharge would be a bit pus-like possibly.

I had a tear and 2 grazes. Stung enough to bring tears to the eye for a good week

I had an episiotomy and a tear it was awful. I started to pee like a dog which helped! I put one leg on the bath and aimed my pee away from the cut.

Mine stung for about two weeks almost. At its worst I had to pee in the shower as it hurt so bad even using a jug. Do what you have to at this point!

Congrats on your new baby :)

get an empty washing up liquid bottle or shampoo bottle. Fill with warm water and squeeze over yourself as you pee. It works really well to stop the stinging!

I had an episiotomy and a 3rd degree tear and it used to hurt to pee so much that I either had to run a bath and pee in the bath or have a shower to have a pee.

Ohhh the stinging still makes me cringe. I had an episiotomy with my daughter and I nearly screamed when I went to pee the first time. I peed a lot in the shower with the shower head on the stitches or pour the can of water over the lady bits when peeing on the toilet. It was awful and I was so scared after my second labour. But the midwife checked and I had nothing!! Just a little bit grazed so it doesn't automatically mean you'll have it again with a second baby.
X

I had an epesiotomy and had stitches inside and out. It did sting for about a week but having a couple of baths a day in tea tree or lavender oil helped a lot.

I lent so far forward that it was practically hanging off the toilet, didn't sting barely at all doing that. Could pee normally within a couple of days.

But my tear was very minor.

At least a week to be bearable, DD grazed me right by my urethra and it was awful!!

Thank you so much for all your responses and suggestions!

Had a midwife appointment and she said 7-10 days should see it feel better. If it was still painful after two weeks, then would be worth checking out. She said the grazes are far more painful (when urinating) than the tears!

I lent so far forward that it was practically hanging off the toilet, didn't sting barely at all doing that. Could pee normally within a couple of days.

But my tear was very minor.

This works a treat!! Thank you!!

I got a 2nd degree tear requiring 3-4 stitches and a few labial tears as well. It hurt the worst the first time for me but is getting better with pain medication, icing, Tucks and walking around a little.

A nurse told me she used to sit in the sitz bath to per because it would help dilute the urine. Same principle as using the squirt bottle they give you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->