Stitches and Tearing...Advice!!

Kaydie2002

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I gave birth to my LO 5 days ago and have a rather large tear on the inside right of my labia, from clitoris almost all the way down to the vagina. Midwife stitched me up but since being home i noticed that the pain from it was getting worse not better, walking around, weeing and sitting is painful rather than just uncomfortable.
Have had this checked by another midwife since and been told that my tear has split right open again and that there is the chance of a developing infection so have been given antibiotics but told they wont re-stitch me :cry:. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and has any ideas for making me more comfortable?
Also, it just doesnt look the same as before...theres a bit 'hanging' from just below my clitoris that definitely used to be attached, i'm dreading becoming intimate again as i'm so paranoid of how it looks.

I had a 2nd degree tear and episotomy 2 weeks ago and have had the same trouble with my stitches. The two things I have found that work are taking baths with lavender oil twice a day and then letting your bits air dry for a while before putting on a pad. This has made a huge difference and although they are still sore, it's not that searing pain anymore. I also went to the GP and got some painkillers as paracetamol was doing nothing. Also be insistent with the midwife that they keep checking you or if you think there is still a problem see your GP and don't let them fob you off. Hope you feel better soon.

I had a 2nd degree tear but only my perineum. However, they did think I had an infection which was very painful and wouldn't go away. I cried so much and thought everything looked so different! It was so frustrating as well as I read lots of people healed after a week.

However, the good news is by 5/6 weeks I wasn't in pain anymore and by 8 weeks I was checked and completely healed :)

:happydance:

It does take time and if you think its not right def keep going back to the doctors like I did. Salt baths twice a day really helped my healing too.

Give yourself a good few weeks to heal :hugs: It's pretty icky isn't it. I had a second degree at my perineum and a few others on my labia, but by about 3 weeks PP I was feeling a whole lot better. Now at 3.5months I wouldn't even know.
Are you taking showers at least twice a day? Pat dry obviously. Pour water while you pee. Take a urinary alkaliser and take paracetamol every 4 hrs. Drink tonnes of water to help make your wee less stingy. Use a donut pillow to sit on and breastfeed lying down if you can, helps take the pressure off. Freeze some maternity pads, that was always soothing.

If it doesn't heal up in w week or so go to the drs for sure. :hugs:

I had a labial tear and a 2nd degree tear. Mine healed in about a week so i was quite lucky. Helpful tips are:

Pour water over your bits while you wee and drink plenty of water to dilute your pee. This will help take the sting away when you have a wee. Put lavender in your bath water and try to do this 1-2 times a day. The sounds really weird but i found my stitches painful to dry after having a bath so i used a hair dryer on a low setting to dry the area thoroughly, it really helps to stop everything staying soggy! My mum told me to do this and she said it helped her too, it's not as mad as it sounds :haha: Lots of paracetomol, rest and regularly change pads.

Hope you feel better soon

See if you can get prescribed Diclofenac...... It's an anti inflammatory drug so might ease your pain It helped me with discomfort due to episiotomy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->