Stockings - yes or no?

MrsWag

Reaction score
Does everyone do stockings or not bother? We didn’t have them when I was at home and neither did OH. I’ve always wanted to do them for my children but OH isn’t keen and says he doesn’t see the point. My oldest is 7 now is it too late to do stockings this year (other two are 3&1) what do you all think? Do your children like them if you have them? I’m kinda hoping they will be something we keep doing even when they are grown up (obviously changing what we put in them!) a nice tradition we can carry on forever...

I always had a stocking at the bottom of my bed, with nuts & clementines and bits and pieces like that in. I remember it well and I used to wake up so excited and know that father Christmas had been when i saw these! Ive never done that for my two though, im not really sure why. My parents stopped it when i got older too, but its still one thing I remember from Christmas as a child so kind of wish id done it from the start with my two, though times have changed now i guess!
We do get 'stocking filler' type presents but I don't actually put them into a stocking, our stockings are for decoration purposes really

We do stockings, I had a stocking as a child and loved it.
I always put in novelty bits, little blind bags, stationary, socks, toothbrush, bubble bath, sweets usually from Poundland or similar places. Nothing is usually more than £3

We have have stockings ! They are usually left over the fire place , mine love them I wouldn’t ever think of not doing them now .

We only fill them with little bits and bobs because they are big personalised ones !

I started doing stockings from 2015. We put small things in there regardless of the price but filled it with mostly cheap things.

I do stockings for mine. :) Normally with some form of sweeties/chocolates, bath stuff, put nail polish in my daughter's last year. I normally just get stuff from Poundland in them!

We did them and plan to but it's not a deal breaker to not have them

I always had a stocking and have done one every Christmas for my kids. Usually end up full of sweets/chocolate/crap but they love it!

I never had one growing up, but I've done one for my daughter each year. She really looks forward to her stocking. My parents like to come over to watch her open Santa, so she opens her stocking as soon as she gets up while we wait on my parents.

We are doing stockings for the first time this year! Mine are 4 and 2. Main reason is my daughter is autistic and gets up really early (3-4am) so I’m thinking we might get an extra 30 minutes in bed if she wakes and sees her stocking!

My earliest memory of Christmas is waking up early with my brothers and looking on bottom of our beds for our stockings, I still remember the excitement lol. And then bag of shiny gold coins and clementine at the top of it :xmas8:.

My two have always had one aswell just to keep them busy for a while until my parents and family arrive to see them open presents.

There's always has :

New toothbrush
Toothpaste
Facecloth
Bubblebath
Bobbles
New Xmas bow
Blind bags
Some slime
A mini mirror and hairbrush
Clementine
And a packet of gold coins

Probably forgot some bits but will post stocking stash later in month

<3

We never had them growing up, but DH did and he said that sometimes the little bits and pieces he got in them would get more use than some of the bigger things. We do them for our boys and they seem to enjoy them.

We don't. I don't know why, it's just something we've never done. I like the idea though :)

Yes we do stockings. Mainly because we have a fireplace and I never did growing up.
Me and DH have one too. We just put little things in like socks, blind bags, sweeties, pens, notebooks etc. It's always a challenge finding things for DH. I got him some little puzzle things one year.

I always had one growing up and do them for my kids too. Same as others have mentioned I include pocket money type stuff, some sweet treats and a few useful bits like a new toothbrush :)

We do a stocking for dd, have same stocking that use every year. we hang it on door of living room so when she comes out of bedroom stocking is there filled up but living room door is closed so can't see in. She gets her stocking and comes into bed with me and dh and we spend 15 mins or so opening up things inside. Gives us all time to wake up before going through to see what else Santa has left

We have one though as a kid we had a pillowcase at the end of the bed. Dd's is in her xmas eve box and we hang it on her door. Just put bits and bobs in-hair bobbles, socks, choc coins, art things. Haven't wrapped any of it in previous years as she hasn't been fussed on unwrapping but poss this year.

I never had stockings growing up, but my husband did.
We have done stockings for the kids since my sons first xmas. I think the kids get more excited to see what's in them then their actual pressies lol
I always go overboard though and end up getting more than will fit in the stockings (even though my husbands grandma made them each an oversized one) :xmas13:

I never had a stocking but we do stockings for the kids. We put little things in, bubble bath, character flannel, socks, colouring pens, chocolate coins etc.

We've always done stockings. I tend to put bigger things in them though and run out of room. If a gift is $20 and I can jam it in the stocking I will. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->