Stoke Mandeville birthing centre

BabyNo1.

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had any knowledge or advice about the centre in Aylesbury, I have requested a water birth this is my first baby conceived through IVF! the consultant has added this request to my notes and said she will support this as long as the rest of the pregnancy goes to plan.

Has anyone had their baby here or are planning too?

There was a thread awhile back on here about Stoke. I'l go and find it and come back
XxX

This is the one, I hope it helps you get in contact with some ladies in the area.
https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/509986-water-birth-stoke-mandeville-alyesbury.html
XxX

Agh lovely thanks I tried to do a search and didn't find anything, cheers x

I was wondering if anyone who'd posted on this thread has had a baby at the birthing pool at Stoke Mandeliville. I'm newly pregnant (6 weeks tomorrow) but am starting to consider my options (I have no idea how early you have to book these things) and I'd like to have a water birth.
Thanks

Hi, first time on but noticed you asked re experiences at Stoke Mandeville birth centre. I've just given birth there, last Saturday, and couldn't have had a better experience for a water birth. I had been booked into the birth centre by my midwife and when I turned up I was the only one there. They have 4 birthing suites, all ensuite. Only one has a permanent birthing pool but they have inflatable ones available if you wish. When I phoned to say I was coming in they started filling the bath, so I get the impression it is a first come, first serve basis. It is all very relaxed though, the rooms are very large and comfortable. After I did ask about if I had wanted greater pain relief than just gas and air and was told the only relief they could administer would be an epidural which would mean going to the labour ward but this is literally 10m through double doors.

I would definitely recommend it and couldn't have asked for better care . Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->