Stomach bug

YorkiePoo2010

Reaction score
I am 15 weeks pregnant today and have contracted a stomach bug from family members. I've thrown up about 10 times since 7 am without even eating anything. I tried toast but couldn't keep it down. I tried saltine crackers which lasted longer than the toast but still couldn't keep it down. Also I've had two "episodes of diarrhea. I've been sipping lots of water so I don't become dehydrated and dozing on and off. Any tips? My doctor isn't open today so I can't contact him.

Hun even tho ur sipping u may still become dehydratwd as being pregnabt its much easier...try maybe ice or ice lolly...
Dry toast. And see wat u can keep down
If yr still same i think see emergancy doc in morn..cyd jus b a 24hr things hugs

Thanks for the reply. Being a first time mom, I'm just worried. I hope it's just 24 hours because I haven't been able to keep anything down and I know I need to eat for the baby.

You should be fine without food for a few days, defo continue to sip fluids/ rehydration sachets as you can manage. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I wouldn't worry too much about the good for now, especially if it's going to make you sick again and bring back the fluids with it. I'd let your stomach rest a bit longer and just keep trying to sip the water and rehydration drinks if you can stomach them. I had a stomach bug around 20 weeks with my last pregnancy and didn't eat for about 2 days and it didn't seem to do any harm at all. I hope you start feeling better very soon.

If you've been vomiting that much, your stomach really needs a break more than you need to eat. Just give yourself more time. Sip a little water and try again tomorrow. I have been reading up on this because I am really afraid of catching what my 3 year old has today. :(

Ive had a bad stomach bug at least once with every pregnancy. I get the hydrolite drinks specific for vomiting and the runs. Water won't replace the electrolytes you need from losing so much fluids.

I just got over the worst stomach bug ever!! Don't eat just drink. Let your stomach rest for at least 24 hrs without food. Drink water and Gatorade if u can but rest and sleep is the best. It has to run its course unfortunately. It took me a full week to recover fully. It sucks!

Try sucking on some ginger candies to ease the nausea, or sipping ginger tea? Drink fluids with added electrolytes, drinking just water will wash out your system and decrease cell function making you feel worse. Feel better hun xxx

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice. I didn't eat all day but kept drinking and I felt 110% better by the next morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->