Stomach Pains in 4 year old

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
Ok so since friday my DD who is 4 has been suffering from stomach pains. During the day she was not complaining as much but every night for 3 nights in a row we have had literally an hour sleep per night.

She will go to sleep thrashing her legs in pain whilst i massage her tummy, she will sleep for around 15 minutes then get woken up by the pain and stays awake for over an hour. This goes on all throughout the night with little 10 minute sleeps here and there.

Its draining. I took her to the doctors yesterday who felt her tummy and just said something like it might be trapped wind or growing pains and if it continues bring a urine sample in a few days. I honestly cannot carry on like this for a few more days.

She is clearly in discomfort, cannot sleep, crying in pain thrashing her legs all night. Im making an appointment again tomorrow but wondering what do you guys think it could be?

Does trapped wind or constipation last 4 5 days like this? If so what can i do to ease her pain as ive been giving Calpol for days which is doing nothing.

Sorry for the long post just really drained

Oh and i forgot to mention DD had a poo yesterday and today. She didnt struggle but (tmi) half of it was pebble like whilst the rest seemed normal.

It could be constipation. My DD used to struggle terribly with it. Even if they poo there can be a backlog that is impacted :(

It could be constipation. My DD used to struggle terribly with it. Even if they poo there can be a backlog that is impacted :(
Thank you for replying. As im experiencing this for the first time with any of my children do you know roughly how long it lasts as its been 4 days of sleepless nights, she hasn't been to school either as she is in extreme discomfort.

It lasted for a few years on and off with my daughter but she was holding it in purposely as she was scared of it hurting.
I hope your daughter feels better soon

If they're thinking urine sample I'd bring one in asap, not something you should wait and see about if it's a potential UTI. I had one and the only symptom was horrific stomach pain. I hope you get an answer!

Currently going through the same with my 6 year old, she doesn't have a very good pain threshold but for months and months she's been complaining of an upset tummy, she has quite loose stools regularly which tmi smells quite bad at times, but jokes in the house about her having a worse butt than all of us together haha but on a serious note I've taken her to the doctors where they've ran tests and there didn't seem to be an underlying intolerance which usually she normally gets upset tummy when eating or drinking anything dairy, but tests were fine, she does love dairy and could eat her weight in cheese yoghurt and stuff like that, she also has terrible gas like all day every day! I've tried limiting her dairy over a few weeks so see if it makes any difference, she's not impressed I've limited her because even though she's super slim and tall, girl can EAT! And her tummy has been a lot better, firmer poops and less aches, still a lot of bad gas, contemplating taking her back to the doctors ♡

If they're thinking urine sample I'd bring one in asap, not something you should wait and see about if it's a potential UTI. I had one and the only symptom was horrific stomach pain. I hope you get an answer!
I agree!

Thank you all for the replies. Found out it was indeed a UTI! As ive never experienced this before with myself or my children it didnt occur to me it could be this. Just a bit miffed at the doctor i saw on monday as i feel he should have told me to give a urine sample there and then not 'come back a few days later'.

Have antibiotics now so hopefully should clear up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->