Stomach sleeping, is it safe?

victoria1987

Reaction score
This may be a silly question but I am paranoid I guess. I am a stomach sleeper and I realise that I will need to find another way to sleep once I get further along but is it safe to sleep on my tummy until it becomes uncomfortable later on?

Another factor is that I have had terrible acid reflux since about 10 dpo and the only thing that helps is laying flat on my belly, is this safe?

Yes, it is safe. Your body will tell you when it is uncomfortable. I am a stomach sleeper and am still waking up on my tummy most of the time. With my son, I would get a sore belly if I tried to lay on my belly, so your body will let you know when it's time to stop.

Yup, you're fine. I bought a body pillow and cuddle into that so that it feels like I'm still on my stomach without the pressure.

Yeah you're fine. I'm still waking up on my tummy. I'm about to buy a maternity pillow in preparation for when it becomes uncomfy. They are fabulous and I used my last one long after DD was born. So much so I had to throw it away!!!! Oops. Would definitely recommend.

I slept on my tummy til around 25 wks with DD. Your body tells you when to avoid it, it becomes uncomfortable. Sleep however you are comfiest till then x

I agree your body will tell you when to stop, carry on whilst its comfy. Last time I tried to "train" myself to sleep on my side from early on coz I read somewhere that was a good idea but it just meant I was uncomfortable for longer!! Baby wont get squished dont worry!

On a side note Stacey love your daughters name :winkwink:

I slept on my stomach until about 4 - 5 months in when my daughter would kick at the bed if I slept even remotely on my stomach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->