Stomach tightening or clenching

Wow, thanks for the info on Braxton Hicks--I had no idea they could start happening this early (around 19 weeks). I've been having some weird sensations too, similar to what many of you are describing (granted, it's tough to describe them).

1. For a couple nights I was having that odd hardening in my uterus area. It almost felt like the babies skull was pushed right up against my abdomen wall. I only felt it once one night, but it went away after a moment, so when I woke up I thought I dreamed it. But then the next night, it happened again, a few times, in different spots. Again, it only got tight for maybe a minute, then loosened up. I chalked it up to some kind of weird gas??? Hasn't happened again, that I've noticed.

2. I've felt the tightening of my ab muscles, like I've overstrained, and am about to pull the muscle, or even like I've overstretched it. So weird! Granted, when I do arch my back to stretch my tummy, it feels so good; I'm just worried about overstretching.

3. Finally, I've also noticed that I'm holding in my stomach for no apparent reason. When I notice, I let it out, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm holding it in. I guess I kind of figured that maybe I was in that habit pre-pregnancy.

Hi Olivetree,
Oh man, I have been experiencing the exactly the same thing. It only happens after sleeping (sitting up as I can't sleep long laying down) and if I stretch my legs or hips, my belly spontaneously contracts as though I am sucking it in and it is really really strong! I am thinking i need to stop sleeping sitting up but that would mean I can only sleep 2 hours a night! I've asked doctors and osteo's and everyone and NO one can help. Please can you tell me what the outcome was for you??????

Hey ladies,

I am curious if any of you feel this from time to time. It's normally only when I'm in bed or getting up in the morning and stretching.

When I roll over it feels like my stomach tightens up a lot. Then it goes away. It's almost like a feeling like I'm sucking in really hard but it does it on it's own. When getting up out of bed I also sometimes feel like I need to tighten my stomach muscles. I don't know what this is.

I know it isn't round ligament pain and I'm pretty sure it isn't braxton hicks yet. Sometimes it happens when I straighten my legs out to stretch them because they get sore and cramped up just while I lay and sleep.So when I stretch my legs out my stomach will also tighten and sort of "stretch".

I'm sorry it's so hard to explain. I will bring it up to my doctor on Wednesday but I just wasn't sure if anybody else felt this tightening sensation and knew what it might be already.

Oh man, I have been experiencing the exactly the same thing. It only happens after sleeping (sitting up as I can't sleep long laying down) and if I stretch my legs or hips, my belly spontaneously contracts as though I am sucking it in and it is really really strong! I am thinking i need to stop sleeping sitting up but that would mean I can only sleep 2 hours a night! I've asked doctors and osteo's and everyone and NO one can help. Please can you tell me what the outcome was for you??????

Wow, thanks for the info on Braxton Hicks--I had no idea they could start happening this early (around 19 weeks). I've been having some weird sensations too, similar to what many of you are describing (granted, it's tough to describe them).

1. For a couple nights I was having that odd hardening in my uterus area. It almost felt like the babies skull was pushed right up against my abdomen wall. I only felt it once one night, but it went away after a moment, so when I woke up I thought I dreamed it. But then the next night, it happened again, a few times, in different spots. Again, it only got tight for maybe a minute, then loosened up. I chalked it up to some kind of weird gas??? Hasn't happened again, that I've noticed.

2. I've felt the tightening of my ab muscles, like I've overstrained, and am about to pull the muscle, or even like I've overstretched it. So weird! Granted, when I do arch my back to stretch my tummy, it feels so good; I'm just worried about overstretching.

3. Finally, I've also noticed that I'm holding in my stomach for no apparent reason. When I notice, I let it out, but I can't for the life of me figure out why I'm holding it in. I guess I kind of figured that maybe I was in that habit pre-pregnancy.

I always find myself holding my stomach in! :shrug: no clue why lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"