Stop start labour. So fed up.

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
This has been going on for weeks now. I was diagnosed with prodromal labour at 33/34 weeks and I’m exhausted.

I know I could still have 5 weeks of this and I genuinely don’t know if I can manage if that’s the case. The last week has been the hardest. I’m getting contractions, around the same time every day. Starting early evening and going into the small hours of the morning and then BAM everything stops. I’ve not once thought I’m in actual labour because there is no pattern to these contractions. I might get 3 in 15 minutes and then nothing for 2 hours and then it all starts again, could then be 5 contractions in 20 minutes and BAM. Stops again. A few days ago (TMI) I did think for a moment that I could have been in labour, had an icky stomach, was really nauseous but woke up the next day right as rain. I’ve had an episode of orange spotting which my midwife said could be down to my cervix softening. No infection and baby is quite happy.

There is no point to this thread other than I am just so fed up of this now and I just want to vent. I am exhausted :sleep:

Hope you're OK :hugs: Any signs of baby / actual labour yet?

xx

So this is something that I found interesting. I had my dr appointment the other day and i told him how I get a ton of pressure down below and into my legs about a half hour to an hour after me and my husband have sex. He said that there’s something in semen that makes you contract. Which I heard to have sex later in pregnancy if you’re ready to deliver but he said that doesn’t work. He had women in there around 34 weeks that had contractions every 2 minutes and then they stopped. Here it was because she had sex and it made her uterus contract even though she wasn’t in labor? Maybe this is the case for you?

I know what you’re feeling, I am 34 weeks and 6 days now. I’ve been having these false contractions. They happen about 3-6 times within 15-25 mins every hour or two. Then nothing. Nothing! I’m fed up with these contractions because they don’t led to anything. Just tons of cramping, back aches, my thighs are sore as hell, I’m irritated half the time. I’ve been having them for a week now. I’m tired. Because they led to nothing. But having sex while you’re dilated does get things going for actually labour. That is how I had my first daughter at 38 weeks. Then my second daughter ended up coming early at 34 weeks as well.
I’m to the point were I told my husband I want to have sex to have things maybe start going (that’s if I’m dilated not sure if I am) but he won’t because he doesn’t want to have baby early. I’m annoyed with him. Like come on! Ugh . The joys of pregnancy.

Hi hun with my second I was I hospital from 30 weeks with stop start labour, they said he would more than likely arrive by 36 weeks the way it was going. I ended up getting induced on my due date and my labour was so quick! I think he was ready to come out for weeks, but just didn't want to haha

Have a look at the spinning babies exercises; could be your body is trying to get baby on a better position for birth. They can’t hurt any way, I’ve been doing them for weeks to help labour, did it last time too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->