Stopped Fenugreek- 3 week old has started nursing constantly/scared about supply

mah0113

Reaction score
I started taking fenugreek and took it about ten days, my supply increased to the point that sometimes when i trued to latch her on it would squirt all over her face lol. poor baby. two days ago I ran out of fenugreek but still have my lactation tea. The past 24 hours baby has started nursing constantly and never seems satisfied. She has done this before and it was because of a growth spurt, however this time I feel like my milk supply has decreased and cant tell if its a growth spurt or if stopping fenugreek has decreased my supply.

any ideas? I cant get new fenugreek until thursday..I am concerned I will need to give her formula to keep up :(

It could easily be a growth spurt, they have a big spurt at 3 weeks I seem to recall. I don't think running out of fenugreek would affect your supply so quickly. My daughter still feeds at least every 2 hours in the day, and she feeds for 30-60 mins at a time, it can be totally normal for nd babies to feed often and for long periods. If your little one is producing plenty of wet nappies and the odd poo now and again and the poo is yellow and mustard like then I wouldn't be concerned.

There is a massive growth spurt at 3 weeks - I remember feeding my daughter every 45 mins for a few days. Exhausting but perfectly normal :)

Your milk supply won't have decreased but might have settled down to perfectly meet babies needs so no full feeling anymore x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->