Stopped taking my meds so my tongue & lips keep going numb..

K

Kalah

This is so weird, I stopped taking my anti depressants and after like 2 days I started feeling the withdraw symptoms. They weren't what I expected though.. it's just a constant feeling of mild electric shocks, tingling, and numbness..throughout my whole body though! It feels so weird it's been like 3 days now and the feeling is getting kind of annoying.. it's mostly my lips and tongue that keep getting tingly and numb. Then the feeling like shoots through my head so I can hear it in my ears and it like disrupts my thinking for a second so I randomly pause while talking.. I probably look like a crazy person :haha:

I'm thinking this is probably a normal reaction to stopping them suddenly but I thought I'd share anyway since it's kind of interesting.

was it citalopram? my SIL has simular when she came off it (she was on 20mg) and she weaned off slowly, interestingly though I was on 60mg and stopped suddenly and didnt have any problems.

I was told you shouldnt stop suddenly, but when i spoke to the consultant he said as i had done so several times he didnt see an issue with me just stopping.

was it citalopram? my SIL has simular when she came off it (she was on 20mg) and she weaned off slowly, interestingly though I was on 60mg and stopped suddenly and didnt have any problems.

I was told you shouldnt stop suddenly, but when i spoke to the consultant he said as i had done so several times he didnt see an issue with me just stopping.

No it was paroxetine (paxil) 30mg. Apparently it's the most addictive and worst for withdraw symptoms =(
I have heard that too, about not stopping suddenly. I'm just going to watch out for suicidal thoughts and start taking it again if those come back, but so far other than the annoying zap feelings I feel alright =)

Wishing you loads of luck, I stopped when i was very newly pregnant with my son back in 2009, and havent needed them since! I was told to expect problems post-partem but i was fine.

I am careful to not put myself in situations where i know I could end up in the same boat again.

Look after yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->