Stopping solids?

bev309

Reaction score
Have posted in weaning area, but no-one viewing, so thought may post on here too - sorry if not allowed:blush:
Jack has been on solids for a few weeks now after MW advice, he has taken to it really well, except his sleeping habits have gone out of the window He will hardly sleep through the day - his 45min naps are getting even shorter, when he goes to bed at night, he wakes about 3 times before he will settle for good, & from going through a good few weeks of sleeping through, he has started to wake at night again. Do you think that it could be linked to the solids? Is it possible to stop giving solids once you have started? (seems cruel as he enjoys his food) Or is it that I am feeding him too much solids & this is keeping him awake? He will eat until he explodes, but I limit him to 1tbspn (dry) baby cereal which is mixed with water, 1/2 jar max (veg) for lunch, and 1 scoop of baby rice mixed with his milk & a bit of fruit puree for tea. He has his bottle before all of these meals & usually drinks 5oz out of 6oz every time. His nappies are fine, not constipated or runny, he doesn't seem to have tummy pain and his wind comes straight up so I don't know what to do for the best. I don't think it is a growth spurt as it has been going on for a while now.
Any tips or advice greatly appreciated!

I had this with Bella recently and was worried that it was down to the change but things settled down eventually. It lasted about 3 weeks which i assumed was far too long for a growth spurt but can't really see what else it could have been as she has now fallen straight back into her old routine and sleeps from 7.30pm to 7.30am. I know its tough but hang in there

Thanks for the reply - good to know that there are others going through this too. I don't want to stop giving him solids now we have started as he does really enjoy his food, so will hang in there & hope it all resolves itself soon:blush:

I would probably wait it out and see if it gets better. He is just now four months, and I believe they go through a growth spurt around 4 months.
:hugs: hope he gets better soon though. Its hard getting sleep and then having to wake up all night again!

Yeah I know about the growth spurt, but he seems to have them a little early as he was two weeks overdue perhaps? It may just be that this growth spurt is lasting extra long! Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->