Storing cheese in the fridge?!

A

annawrigley

For Christmas my dad has asked for something to store cheese in the fridge in, but not a plastic tub that 'makes it sweat'

Does anyone know if some sort of contraption exists that does this job?! I'm soooo confused I've tried Googling but its confused me even more :haha:

Didnt want to R&R but i have no clue!!
Have you looked somewhere like Lakeland though, they usually have all sorts of different things for the house!!

cant you just keep it in the packaging it came in like they do in the shops? x

Didnt want to R&R but i have no clue!!
Have you looked somewhere like Lakeland though, they usually have all sorts of different things for the house!!

Should have tried there, found a 'cheese preserver' straight away :haha: Thanks! x

I use a glass tub to store cheese. It's airtight xx

I wrap mine in foil............is that wrong :blush:

V xxx

I wrap mine in foil............is that wrong :blush:

V xxx

Don't think so :haha: I just seal mine in the packet (cathedral city) or keep it in a plastic tub but apparently that's not good enough for my dad :haha:

He could always wrap it in a material bag, like the ones you can get for xmas ham? I hope that makes sense, not sure what material is it you see. But my mum uses one and it's really good for keeping it from getting the hard bits on it from being exposed in the fridge.

Maybe try looking online for a cheese bag and see what comes up.

:haha:

Yeah Lakeland are the place for all those kitchen thingies you never knew even existed! My gran loves Lakeland. She gave us vouchers for there a couple of Xmases ago! :laugh2:

Yeah Lakeland are the place for all those kitchen thingies you never knew even existed! My gran loves Lakeland. She gave us vouchers for there a couple of Xmases ago! :laugh2:

Yea its cool! I also bought myself a multicoloured whisk and multicoloured measuring spoons and cups :blush: Can't resist pretty utensils :lol:

Yea its cool! I also bought myself a multicoloured whisk and multicoloured measuring spoons and cups :blush: Can't resist pretty utensils :lol:

:laugh2:

I could spend serious money in that place!

You can get ones that are similar to butter dishes but abit bigger I think, x

We've got one from Lakeland, that's a box with air-vents on the top which you can adjust to "prevent sweating."

Rather technical for a cheese box.

I keep mine in the plastic wrapper and then wrap foil at the end lol

Lol :haha: Your Dad sounds pretty amusing. We just keep it in the wrapper and then in a sandwich bag just incase.

I like in Lakeland..here you go:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/9185/Small-Tefal-Cheese-Preserver

My mum and I both have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back