Strange calls..

J

Jade--x

I've had 2 calls in the last hour asking what make my washing machine is?! And I keep getting calls from 'microsoft' to tell me their system is showing that I have virus's - I don't but they're asking all these dodgy questions that I'm not stupid enough to answer.

Anyone else getting them?

I get why they'd pretend to be microsoft to get your computer info to hack it but what importance does my washing machine have :S

I've heard the virus one is well dodgy and did the rounds a yr or so ago x

Definitely hang up, I'll be keeping my eye out for t. When they call.. Say 'that's funny, I run Linux'... Bet they soon hang up.

I've no idea who you're supposed to report it to and its always from an unknown number :/ x

I was at a clients house yesterday.. - an elderly woman, living alone.
she got 2 cold calls while i was there.. the first i was assisting with her shower.. so i answered the phone.. it was - microsoft. calling about 'her windows computer' she doesnt even own one!!!

the second i was making her lunch.. someone called claiming they was from something to do with benefit claims.. - about her income support claim.. dunno if she'd made one or not.. but i dont think so.. asking for her bank account detials!! luckily enough she wasnt silly enough to give them out.. she got very worked up and worried though.. I know theyre annoying.. and i get loadss about accident claims - which ive never had on my moblie.. but they really scare old people too :(

I know they should do more about stopping them - especially to the elderly. They're not as clued up when it comes to hackers and identity fraud etc. And they're the 'easy targets'. The same with the rip off conmen that knock on their doors x

My mum keeps getting calls (literally 10 or more a day!) from an international number. She doesn't know whether it is me calling her or if it's this other place - my phone number doesn't show on her phone, just "international". Quite annoying when I call and she doesn't answer >.<

I don't understand why these people are allowed to do this - so many vulnerable people out there who will fall for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->