Strange cycle cause for concern?

Jmxswack

Reaction score
I am in my sixth cycle off of birth control and had a super strange cycle. Does it just happen sometimes or should I be concerned that this is a symptom of something?

My first cycle off of bc (Feb) was 28 days 14 day ovulation. March was 29 days o cd15. April I was really sick and ovulated a few days late and had a 34 day cycle. May 29 day cycle of cd16. Then June I oed cd14. I thought it was a bit strange but not unheard of. Cd10 temp drop and some light spotting when I wiped. I got so excited because I thought it was implantation bleeding.

However, my temp stayed low two more days (no more spotting) and then I got my period. A 25 day cycle! Which was one day of medium/heavy bleeding and then 2 days of spotting. I never spot before or after my period. It comes on full force and then suddenly ends.

Could it have been weird and light because it was a short cycle? What could have caused this? Do I need to be concerned? Do sometimes you just have fluke cycles? I was on bc for 6 years but I had my period four 8 years before that and I don't recall that ever happening. (I'm 25) Doesn't mean it didn't, just that it didn't stick out in my mind.

Am I just over worrying because I'm ttc and am paying more attention?

I have had a couple of strange short cycles since stopping BC in Dec. One was 25 days, and the one I just finished was 24. (usually I have 27-29 days cycles with O between day 13-15) I would say it's within the 'normal' range of variation and probably nothing to be concerned about. You may have O'd a couple of days earlier in June than you thought. I've read that if you fluctuate more than 7 days in cycle length, this could be considered irregular.

My shorter cycles were not followed by lighter or shorter periods though, so I don't know about that?

Thanks! If I wasn't ttc I would just be like "sweet, short period!" But now that I'm tracking my brain jumps to "this is a sign I am surely dying." So you brought some piece of mind.

I had a weird anovulatory/possible MC cycle a few months ago and after that my cycles all became 25 day cycles with O happening on CD 12. I always spot before and after AF, and AF is usually heavy for 2 days. This month AF even stopped for a day and then started up again! I don't think thats a good sign lol. I'm now back to my regular 26 day cycles, and my temps are looking super stable this month so far, so I'm hoping it will be a good sign.

Sounds like it may have been a fluke cycle for you!

Thanks, BelleNuit. I hope your cycles stay regulated.

It seems that what I'm going through might be more common than I thought. Which is reassuring, although it just means more people are frustrated.

I'd say cycle irregularities are becoming more common. maybe due to lifestyle and environmental factors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->