• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strange pain down left tummy - 15 weeks

kewpie

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I can't get in to see the doctor for a few hours - I've got a strange new pain down my tummy to the left of my tummy button, it started late last night and continued through the night, and I still have it.

I have been suffering constipation so I don't know if it's related to that, although trapped wind would surely not last so long. I also did my first pregnancy yoga class yesterday and it was slightly more strenuous than expected - but it doesn't really feel like a pulled muscle? Also thought of a UTI but I don't have burning. It feels too acute/long lasting to be any kind of growing pain, compared the the ones I've been having...but as this is my first pregnancy I don't really know what to expect.

Any advice? In general I'm constantly freaking out I've eaten something wrong, the guilt is nearly wrecking me, though I'm trying my best to relax!

Thank you...

It sounds like a pulled muscle to me. The other day I had a nap and slept funny and I had a sharp pain on one side of my tummy for maybe 24 hours afterwards. It won't be anything you've eaten - if you'd eaten something bad, your body would be trying to get rid of it, and if it was causing pain it would probably be more generalised over the area.
It could also definitely be constipation and/or trapped wind. That can really hurt! Of course see your doctor if you want to put your mind at rest. But in the meantime I wouldn't worry too much, it doesn't sound like anything bad. Remember all your ligaments all over your body are especially prone to getting pulled at the moment, especially in your abdomen. I'm definitely pulling muscles more now than before pregnancy.

It sounds like a pulled muscle especially since you said your pregnancy yoga class was more work that you thought it would be,you probably just overdid it. I do that all the time,taking care of a 2 year old all day+household chores equals I constantly have pulled muscles:p Believe me they hurt REALLY bad,but their not serious. If you lie down and rest the pain should subside,and by rest I mean DONT move:) That is the only way the pain will go away,at least thats how it works for me. If you ever want someone to talk to please feel free to message me:) This is my 3rd pregnancy:)

I suspect either a pulled muscle or constipation. Any pain that should be worrying would be more widespread so likely nothing to worry about. I pulled a muscle sneezing the other day. It's easy to do when everything is growing and shifting around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->