strange question...

Kiki1993

Reaction score
So out of curiosity I had a cigarette, i'm not a smoker and don't want to be so have no idea why i did it but after it I was so sick, I was dizzy, falling over, getting really hot and thought i was going to puke, i had to lie on the bathroom floor for half an hour, i'm still ill but a lot better and its been 2 and a half hours ... OH finally came home and he is giving me cuddles but i still feel horrible, ive tried fresh air, water, sleep nothing is working :cry: But the weirdest thing that happened was my belly started tensing and that, hard to explain but it was such a bad reaction, i know smoking is bad for you but jeezus!! I thought i was going to die at one point, even though i dont intend to do this again (EVER) has anyone else reacted this badly? I know its silly but im around smokers a lot and even the thought of smelling smoke makes me feel as bad as I did just after it and its freaking me out :blush:
Please don't judge, everyone tries stuff out of curiosity even though it's dumb :haha:

It's the nicotine buzz that does it, if you're new or infrequent to smoking, it'll do that to ya :)

I smoked for three years between the age of 12/13 to 15/16 (bad I know) and it affected me at the very start, but then it never affected me again. I gave up smoking and then last year (19) and I tried one again and the same happened to me :haha:

Nothing to worry about hun, just unpleasant feeling xx

i know you'll say 'oh you don'tt want to feel like i did' but i really, really wished smoking had that affect on me! It would've put me off straight away but i was stupid enough to get hooked. I'm 22 next month & i will of beeen smoking a good few years (won't say how many as it's embarrassing) but i've only had 1 today compared to the 20 i had a day, so i'm on my way to quitting :happydance:

Ai've never known anyone have a reaction like that but i know it's possible hun. Hope you start to feel better :hugs: x x

It's the nicotine buzz that does it, if you're new or infrequent to smoking, it'll do that to ya :)

I smoked for three years between the age of 12/13 to 15/16 (bad I know) and it affected me at the very start, but then it never affected me again. I gave up smoking and then last year (19) and I tried one again and the same happened to me :haha:

Nothing to worry about hun, just unpleasant feeling xx

Haha :haha: I felt so silly asking! Especially because everyone arounds me smoke and they seem relaxed by it so i try it and i think i'm dieing :dohh: well at least i've tried it, didnt like it and now i'm not curious haha :haha: Congrats on quitting though, my OH has been smoking since 12 and he tried quitting when he was 16 started again and now he is 19 going on 20, he is planning on quitting eventually, he just doesn't know when :dohh:

i know you'll say 'oh you don'tt want to feel like i did' but i really, really wished smoking had that affect on me! It would've put me off straight away but i was stupid enough to get hooked. I'm 22 next month & i will of beeen smoking a good few years (won't say how many as it's embarrassing) but i've only had 1 today compared to the 20 i had a day, so i'm on my way to quitting :happydance:

Ai've never known anyone have a reaction like that but i know it's possible hun. Hope you start to feel better :hugs: x x

Thanks :hugs: i still feel terrible and cant sit up straight coz i feel so sick but i know im lucky i didnt like it, my mum and sister are hoooked and OH is hooked but wants to quit (my mum n sister dont want to quit) but OH wants to quit sometime this year i think :hugs: Thats great! Wish OH had willpower like yours! I was curious as to why he was so addicted and this experience hasn't helped me understand it but hopefully he will stop smoking as much because i will be banning smoking near me from now on! :haha:

That will be the dreaded nicotine.

Nasty stuff.

:hugs:

V xxx

As already posted nicotine will have that effect on first timers. It never happened to me, which is why I've been smoling for the last 8 years and i quit just for baby :) You should be "happy" that it had such nasty effect on you! now you know for sure you won't try it again! sorry you had to feel like poop though

As already posted nicotine will have that effect on first timers. It never happened to me, which is why I've been smoling for the last 8 years and i quit just for baby :) You should be "happy" that it had such nasty effect on you! now you know for sure you won't try it again! sorry you had to feel like poop though

Thats amazing quitting after 8 years! Wish OH could get pregnant so he would have a reason to quit (even though he knows the risk it has to his health) but no he is a man! I'm glad I didn't like it though, that means i wont ever want it again! Starting to perk up a bit now i have had a takeaway, think if i have a bath i will feel completely better! I had to waste my sunday being ill though, could have done it on a monday so i could have had the day off! :haha:

Thats what we used to call head rush and ya the only way i ever used to be able to get rid was to lay on my back for a while was the same for a mate of mine

if it had lasted longer i may never have started oh well ive quite now woop :haha:

Thats what we used to call head rush and ya the only way i ever used to be able to get rid was to lay on my back for a while was the same for a mate of mine

if it had lasted longer i may never have started oh well ive quite now woop :haha:

Well done for quitting! I tried everything but nothing helped! At least i wont ever feel the need to have another though! every cloud has a silver lining and all that xx

Well done for quitting! I tried everything but nothing helped! At least i wont ever feel the need to have another though! every cloud has a silver lining and all that xx

I only quit because i was preg. I just could imagine a baby with a fag and i couldnt bring myself to smoke

I do sometimes smoke if out on lash but like 1 a month if that - social smoker :haha:

Thats amazing quitting after 8 years! Wish OH could get pregnant so he would have a reason to quit (even though he knows the risk it has to his health) but no he is a man! I'm glad I didn't like it though, that means i wont ever want it again! Starting to perk up a bit now i have had a takeaway, think if i have a bath i will feel completely better! I had to waste my sunday being ill though, could have done it on a monday so i could have had the day off! :haha:

Yes! I always thought I'd be one those pregnant mamas smoking one here and there but the same day the doctor called to confirm my pregnancy, i quit smoking! just like that, and I don't even miss it! I do have a feeling deep down that I will smoke again after the baby comes, but i'll try my best to keep up the good work!

Usually feels better with water and taking a nap! I've had that if I have too many over a short period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->