Strange tight feeling at four weeks

dimmu

Reaction score
Hello!
I only got my BFP on Tuesday so it's still the early days filled with anxiety and worry for me!

I had barely any symptoms during my TWW, and only since the BFP have my breasts started getting sore.
Over the last two three days I have had this weird tight or pulling sensation in my lower abdomen, the uterus area I suppose. It's hard to describe, it's not a cramping sensation, but more like a dull ongoing feeling, almost like the way your stomach feels when it's really full, except this is not my stomach!

Has anyone else had this or similar? Is it possible for the uterus to start stretching so early on already or something? I don't remember this from my previous pregnancy but then again that was almost six years ago..

I guess I'm just after some reassurance that this is normal, especially with second pregnancies..
Thanks! :)

Hi Dimmu!

It's nice to be on this board instead of ttc!

I am getting this too and remember it from my previous pregnancies. With pregnancies 2 and 3 I started to bloat almost as soon as I got my bfp. It feels exactly like you describe as if there is a string inside being pulled tight. I find it gets more severe later on and if I move suddenly, turn over in bed or stand up quickly it hurts. I think it's round ligament pain.

Have you done your digi yet? X

Hi JJay! Yes it does feel nice to be here instead of ttc, I'm still finding it hard to believe though!

Haven't done the digi yet but got one at lunch break so will do it tonight!:)

That's good to hear, I'm really struggling to remember what my last pregnancy was like early on, all I remember is the dreadful morning sickness that peaked weeks 6-12.

Was your second pregnancy very similar to your first one? Did you show earlier? I'm already looking bloated, but surely that's just a coincidence...
I've got my first gp appointment booked in 2 weeks, how about you, you booked to doc's yet?
Xx

Look forward to seeing your digi pic - you might even get a 2-3 now that you've waited :)

Both 2nd and 3rd pregnancies I was bloated and my clothes tight almost straight away. I was dying to get into maternity clothes and lasted until around 9 weeks each time (13 with my first). I found the bloat never really went away although was always worse in the evening, somewhere down the line it just got replaced with bump!

X

Ps I haven't booked into docs yet as we have to go to a booking in clinic at the local sure start centre first. It's every Monday so I will probably go next week. I will then see midwife at 7-9 weeks.

After my MMC in the summer they said I would be able to get a 6-7 week reassurance scan too x

I think with dd I could wear my old jeans for the first 3-4 months, can't see that's gonna happen this time if the current bloating is an indication of what's to come!

How are you feeling, how many dpo are you today?

Will definitely do my cb digi later, looking forward to it!

It's strange how the maternity services are so different at different parts of the country. I had to book a routine gp appointment and the earliest I could have was in two weeks as it's not an emergency. They just told me to book a same day appointment if I have any problems, hopefully won't have to do that. I suppose I will then get referred to a hospital, haven't decided which one yet..

Here's the digi :)

https://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u564/hmh3101/Mobile%20Uploads/c6b0cb73-6188-4c10-9b07-edfa825b563d_zps2a4qbfiu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->