Strength workouts using weights

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Does anyone here lift weights such as dumbells or kettlebells as part of their workouts? What type of weights do you use?
I was thinking of starting as I've seen a good offer on a set of three pairs of dumbells - 1.1kg, 2.3kg and 4.5kg. Will these be heavy enough? Does this burn lots of calories/ more than cardio (walking, exercise bike)?

I've also heard of the kettleworx workouts using kettlebells which sounds quite good. It looks expensive for the kettlebell and the set of workout DVDs, so not sure if it's better than dumbells.

I'm wanting to lose weight but also want to become toned and defined. I'm unsure whether to lose the weight before I start trying to tone muscles that are hidden under a load of fat :haha:
At the moment I'm doing 30 minutes brisk walk and around 17 minutes (120 calories burnt) on the exercise bike each day.

I use 4kg dumbells atm i started with 2kg will increase again when I find the workout getting too easy with the 4kg x

I use hand weights and do a mix of cardio and strength training with the weights.

Building muscle will aid you in your weight loss in the long run. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->