strenuous job?

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
Anyone else have a strenuous job and supervisors don't care whether you're pregnant or not?

I hate my current job. It is VERY hard work and I'm constantly lifting heavy boxes, totes, and I walk very fast all day, only sitting at my 15 minute break and 40 minute lunch break. I'm so worried this is going to cause me to miscarry or something :( Bosses don't care, all they care about it making money, not the employees. The last girl that was pregnant they almost fired her because she couldn't keep up. She ended up just quitting when she was around 28 weeks.

I had a lot of the same situation as you!!! I was the pro loader for the Home Depots contractor department and they didn't want to take me out of the position. I had to get a dr note stating that I could only carry 25 lbs and no more. I really inconvenienced them and I think they Wernt very happy about having to move me to a less strenuous position. Let's just say the last week at work had been utter hell. I've been so stressed its horrible. But next week I start as cashier which will really help me in the long run. I wanted to quit bad but I need my insurance. I sure hope u get it taken care of ASAP! Don't let them treat u bad. Take care of u and that lil baby hub!!!

i got lucky with my job. i already told my job. i work in a retail store and straight away they told me "so that means you dont go out and push carts, you get someone else to do it" i have found its a hit and miss with jobs. some people will understand some wont. im sorry that yours is the way they are.

My problem is I work at a distribution company in the warehouse and theres really no where for me to go to do "light duty" It's all heavy lifting and a lot of fast walking. I have to perform at a certain level or I get fired. I'm worried when I slow down, they're going to start in on me and start writing me up and eventually fire me. The girl that was pregnant before me, they wrote her up twice before she eventually quit.

Same here, my job requires heavy lifting and being on my feet all day, walking up and down stairs constantly. I am planning to quit before baby comes anyway, but I may have to much sooner as I can't keep up with it. I have one break during the day for thirty minutes, and cannot sit down at any other point. The fatigue is making it really difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->