Strep!!

outcast831

Lily & Eddy's mom (+1)
Reaction score
DD is 4 and just started penicillin for step throat. I am 31+3 and wondering if I should get a rapid culture done to make sure I don't have it too. I don't have any symptoms but worried about running a fever all of a sudden as it did with her should I have it. Any suggestions? Am I being paranoid or proactive? Anyone out there deal with strep throat while pregnant? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!!

My four year old had it last month, and I didn't get it. Odds are you won't, and honestly, strep won't hurt the baby, just be an annoyance for you. Personally, I'd wait for symptoms, as rapid tests can be false positive, and I'd be more worried about the dangers of unnecessary antibiotics during pregnancy.

My aunt had it at Easter. I asked the doctor if there was any risk and she told me just to call if I started having symptoms so they could treat it. She wasn't concerned unless I was actually having symptoms of it. I would just wait and if you start getting a sore throat then call right away.

Thanks ladies! I have been hearing of the dangers of a high fever while pregnant so trying to avoid it if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->