Stress affecting baby?? Sorry for long post :(

PrincessJJ

Reaction score
I have no idea where to start with this.... Basically I'm really worried that the amount of stress and worry I'm under at the moment will have an impact on bump.

Basically my little one who is 5 has had gradually built up contact with his father over the past 4 years ( his father who was very abusive to me before, during and after my pregnancy until i left) he has been having every other weekend contact from Friday evening until Sunday afternoons. I still feel very vulnerable around my ex so my partner does hand overs in a public place whilst I stay in the car for mine and bumps safety. Although Iv never had a thought that he would hurt our son.
anyway 3 weeks ago my son made an admission that his dad had done something completely out of order whilst in his presence.... This made my physically sick, you never imagine to hear these things from a loved one never mind your own 5year old baby that relies on you to take care of them!!!

The head teacher informed social services who interviewed me and my son and then the child protection police department also got involved which lead to my son doing a private interview on camera on his own.
They have stopped my son having contact with his father and put bail conditions on him that he can't come near him or be alone with anyone under 18 whilst this situation is under investigation.

He's denied the allegations and the police say he laughed when they arrested him and blamed me by saying I'd put words into my sons head because I'm bitter and jealous (of what? He's 32 has no job, lives with his dad, has no girlfriend and a life that revolves around an online game, he has disgusting hygiene & is a woman beating bully)

There is just so much going on, I can't believe it's happened and feel like a failure of a mother, I'm terrified that my ex and his family will try to hurt me or my baby or try to take my son. I'm a complete mess physically and emotionally I'm not sleeping and I just don't know what to do.

So sorry for long post but I'm in bits.xx

Awww, I have no advice for you, just :hugs:

I hope things get better for you guys and am glad that he is no longer allowed any contact.

It's not going to be an easy road but you will need to trust in the justice system and get restraining orders against his family. you can do this now if they have threatened you. Try and spend as much time as possible off the topic especially around your son. If he has gone through a lot of trauma, he will need counciling. The stress could cause high bp and may cause baby to come early.

Try to relax, take a holiday to a hotel and try breathing exercises when you get really stressed

I'm sorry :( poor baby it can be so hard for a little one to want a realtion with a dad

It's indirect threats so for the moment they won't do anything..... I'm stressing about even leaving the house. Can't stand living like this.

My little boy doesn't have a clue what's going on, he doesn't realise his daddy is in trouble. He liked the attention of having to be interviewed and hasn't mentioned it since, he's a bit clingy towards me but other than that he's a perfectly happy little boy.
Which is the best thing i could ask for in this situation

I think I just needed to vent, I know there's no answers and its just a waiting game but its so hard atm.
Xxx

Stress can effect your unborn child, please try to keep calm. I know it must be easier said than done in your situation, but please try. Let your partner take over any housework/cleaning, put your feet up, take a mini break away.

I am so sorry that this has happened to your son & to you, your ex will get what he deserves.

Sending you big hugs oxox. No one should live in fear and I hope everything is resolved quickly for you.
Do you have family and friends around you that can be with you when you go out?
Do you have ways to help yourself relax when you are worried/stressed? (Like writing in a journal, putting on music and dancing around the house?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->