Stress..just silly.

May55

Reaction score
I have my 20 week ultrasound in 2 days.. I am SO nervous. This is baby number 2.. we tried for 2 years and had 2 miscarriages to get here. I have felt a handful of tiny movements and my son felt 2 kicks but its so rare, with my son I was seeing and feeling a ton of movement at this point, it stresses me. I hardly have a bump at all, it shows somedays but usually there is nothing there, also my total weight gain this pregnancy is 4lbs...I have breakfast, a snack, lunch, another snack and then dinner... i eat very healthy. By this time with my son I had a clear bump and had gained at least 10+ lbs.. 12 week scan was perfect, all testing for any issues has been perfect and heartbeat is nice and strong with my doppler but im worried. I know its silly but my anxiety is getting the best of me! I have had terrible dreams about this ultrasound, that baby simply isnt there, things cant even write because its just terrible. Im being silly right?! When did you feel baby? how was your weight gain? etc.. thanks!

Didn't want to read and run.

I am pregnant with my third and I swear I don't realize I am having an actual baby until the doctor hands him/her over. It's just so hard to wrap your mind around.

Emotions, dreams especially definitely get the best of us. Try to focus on what you know is real. You know those tests are fine. You know baby has a heartbeat. Try to enjoy the tiny victories :)

It's natural to feel worried, always remember every pregnancy is different. You shouldn't really compare the two although I appreciate that's easier said than done!

Do you know if you have an anterior placenta? As that could be limiting your feeling of movement? This is my first but I really didn't definitely feel baby until 23/24 weeks. I felt what I thought was baby by 20 weeks but it was just little scratch type sensations and I wasn't sure.

It's good you are eating healthily and haven't gained much weight! There's still a long way to go for all that! My weight packed on in the second half of the second tri, now I feel like a whale! Baby may just be laying differently to your last and therefore your bump hasn't popped out yet. Again, I didn't show at all until suddenly I popped at 20 weeks pretty much overnight! Took me by suprise!

More likely than anything your scan will be absoloutely fine, try to let yourself be excited too, I loved my 20 week scan and seeing so much more detail of baby! Not long to go and then you'll feel much better :)

You sound like me last pregnancy .. exact same thing, miscarriages before both my girls and I was sweating my anatomy scan because I just felt like something was wrong, hadn't gained much weight, my bump was tiny and it just seemed like something would be wrong or that she would have something bad wrong with her...
My fears were unjustified.. my scan revealed a beautiful happy bouncy girl and she was and is perfect..
Huge hugs I know how stressful pregnancy is after losses!! I'm sure all will be completely fine!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->