stressed = /

C

carla15x

I do not think we will be able to afford to start TTC!!
I am totally freaking out about money right now = [
Ugh.

I know we've got a year and savings but what are the chances of a gradfuate falling straight into a job??
Very low I presume!

*Stressed*

Dont panic hun - there will a job for you somewhere...even if its not ideal, it will keep you going. You cant change how the job market is at the moment, just do your best to save and be as ready for ttc as you can be. With money, there will never be a right time, you just have to go for it when its a not too bad time xxx

Don't worry, in this climate most people are worried about money! My friend has a child and is pregnant and they're having money problems, but they pull through it. x

You are very wise to wait until you have a certain degree of security, but I agree that finances shouldn't be the final say. It's that tricky balance. You want to be able to enjoy your new family, not be sweating bullets over how you are going to pay for diapers, etc on top of regular bills, but if you wait until everything's perfect, you probably won't have kids at all! :)
Split the difference. Work out a projected budget. How much do you both need to be able to put some baby savings aside and prepare for a few years of reduced income (because you are either staying at home with baby or paying for childcare)? It might be less than you think , it might be more. Either way, it's better to have a realistic idea in advance - no unpleasant surprises.
And the positive side of being underemployed for a bit is that it teaches you how to live on very little money and will let you stretch your dollar even further in the future. There are all sorts of blogs devoted to this sort of frugal home economics. They are a bit obsessed with coupons and stuff, but they are fun to read and sure do give some good tips.
Turn the stress into productive energy. There may not be anything you can do about the current economy, but there's lots you can do to come up with a strategy for yourself and your OH.
Good luck! :)

Thanks ladies = ]

Your right a little bit of budgeting and planning and I'm sure we'll be fine
Aslong as we plan ahead, I'm sure there's people who are in a worse situation and cope fine = ]

Feeling loads better now . . .
Did a bit of cleaning and washing which helped clear my head too! hehe

xx

Good luck with finding a job. You will feel so much better and more secure once you've got one. It might not be easy but you will get something! After I graduated I had to get a weekend job in a shop just to keep me going until I eventually got a fabby full-time permanent graduate job.

hey hun, I know how you feel as we have been in this same position for the last couple of years. Absolutely desperate to start TTC but so worried about money, but people keep telling me that you always find a way. I have to have faith in that. We have got ourselves a little bit more secure, although not as much as I'd like to really, but we're also putting savings by to help us with all the big baby purchases.

Good luck hun x

hardly anyone is financially ready for a child. we wasnt when we had our 1st and even when we was trying for our 2nd we wasnt, were comfortable now but not so we can splash out when our 3rd little mite arrives (when i get pg) thing will be a little tight again whilst im on maternity leave.

I agree with everyone if it was just down to finances most people would never be ready.

We were stable for our 1st LO, and we went silly so in way its a bad thing. We learnt our lesson. We have been very unstable these last few months but things are going good. So I guess what i'm trying to say is you never know whats guna come next in this climate. As long as you try hard and do the best you can money isn't everything my friend has got 6 kids and is a single mother. She works as much as she can and she gets by amazingly. It can be done and u will be fine.

Gud luk with everything and I hope it all goes well for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->