stressed :(

Isismoon

3 kids, 20,17 &2!!
Reaction score
Yesterday I started spotting brown blood and had a little cramp, no sickness but still very tired. last night i went to the toilet and a lot of brown blood came out. I panicked and cried to my husband so he made me ring the out of hours doctor. they said I needed to be seen within 2 hours then told me there was no appointments and a doctor would call me back. I got the call back within 5 mins and she told me there was nothing they could do, told me to rest and wait and see what happens. She said they wouldn't offer me a scan because the heart doesn't start beating until around 7 weeks..... Rubbish unless everything I have read has been lies.
So now I am in limbo not knowing what to do, i have blood tests tomorrow and she told me to rely on them instead of wasting time getting a scan. Urgh I hate the stress of the first trimester :growlmad:

Yesterday I started spotting brown blood and had a little cramp, no sickness but still very tired. last night i went to the toilet and a lot of brown blood came out. I panicked and cried to my husband so he made me ring the out of hours doctor. they said I needed to be seen within 2 hours then told me there was no appointments and a doctor would call me back. I got the call back within 5 mins and she told me there was nothing they could do, told me to rest and wait and see what happens. She said they wouldn't offer me a scan because the heart doesn't start beating until around 7 weeks..... Rubbish unless everything I have read has been lies.
So now I am in limbo not knowing what to do, i have blood tests tomorrow and she told me to rely on them instead of wasting time getting a scan. Urgh I hate the stress of the first trimester :growlmad:

Sorry to hear, hope all turns out okay!

I had brown blood with my first at around 5 weeks 4 days. It is probably IB and old blood taking it time to pass down through you from the implantation date. Try not to worry but I know it's hard not to :hugs:

I had spotting at around 5 weeks 3 days. I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days and they said it was pretty pointless and they don't like to scan til after 6 weeks.. anyway all they seen was the sac and yolk. I had to go back 2 weeks later when I was 7weeks 5 and I seen baby and heartbeat! Try not to worry too much! If you need to then ring back and don't let them say no to you having a scan. Even if it's for in a few days time when you're further along!
I hope all is well!

I had brown blood with my first. Had a scan and all was fine. I remember the midwife saying they are more concerned with red blood.

Fingers crossed it's just from your implantation.

Although some people see a heartbeat early hun it really is common to see nothing at at all at 5 weeks. At my 6 week scan all we saw was a tiny sac, no pole, no heartbeat. That's why most clinics are hesitant to scan before 6 weeks as it only causes more worry and means it would need repeating. So wouldn't be any reassurance what so ever. Bloods really are a good way to see how things are progressing. Will keep my fingers crossed for you that all is ok

Thanks everyone, I know it's early and it's the waiting that seems to be so hard, it would be nice to not know you are pregnant until 12 weeks when you won't have all the worry!

I had all sorts of spotting and little cramps from 3+6 until around 6 weeks. Pink spotting, red gushes, brown discharge- you name it, I had it. My OB said that it's completely normal and not to worry about it unless it gets to be a real flow with strong cramps. Sounds like you just had some old IB coming out. I know it's easier said than done, but try your best not to think about it being anything bad- I have a feeling that baby is totally fine. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->