stressful week - what are your coping strategies

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Today I am 9+3. This is what my baby measured with no hearbeat at my 12 week scan last pregnancy which ended in a mmc. Next week would have been my due date. I'm so sad about my last baby and very stressed about losing this baby. It's going to be a long 3 week wait until my scan. I'm 36 but I've been crying all morning or I just get angry at everyone.

How do you cope with this stres? I don't have time to myself because I have a two year old and my husband own and run our own very demanding business so I can't do walks or hobbies or anything.

Hi hun. i lost a baby early on before i conceieved my daughter. its never easy before the first scan when you have experienced a horrible situation. so first of all your normal. lots of women feel as you do. i remember being nervous everytime i went to the toilet.

i know it feels a long way away but it soon comes round. i think i spent the first 12 weeks muddling through feeling sick and tired. the first trimester is hard. but you are nearly through. you have no reason to loose another baby. you deserve this baby.

anyway im sorry i dont have any great advice. i just wanted to let you know i felt like you xx

Thanks Laura. It is actually comforting to know that just because I feel like this it doesn't mean something bad is going to happen.
I'm glad you got your rainbow baby. My husband keeps reminding me if something bad does happen we have the most beautiful daughter already :)

Hi, I'm also a nervous wreck due to previous losses! I think it's totally normal to feel like this and not sure if anything could take away the worry really. I'm just trying to keep busy and at least that way time seems to go by a bit quicker.

I also keep reminding myself how lucky I am to already have my beautiful daughter. Sometimes a little cuddle with her helps x

I'm in a similar position too, I had a missed miscarriage at 8+3 and I am 8 weeks tomorrow, it is so hard not knowing if everything is fine but the only thing I can say is there is no point in stressing as it won't change the outcome, whatever will be will be. But I also tell myself that statistically 1 in 5 ends in miscarriage so I have had my one and so have you so no reason for this to be anything other than a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

in six months time you will be all milk nappies and baby cuddles :)

my daughter is 15 weeks now and im still in a happy bubble. feels to good to be true. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->