Stressing myself... midwife problems

WeeNat

Reaction score
I dont normally moan about the NHS as i know how incredible and hard working they are but i need to...as its stressing me out.
My problem is with my "Midwifes".

We live out in a small remote village and throughout this pregnancy i don't think ive seen the same midwife with each appointment (which are far few in between)... my pregnancies have not been without some problem here or there. First child i had surgery for gallbladder removal with another trip into hospital due to an infection.
Second baby decided to come early...

The thing is... i have NO direct number for our community midwifes. ..only a number which goes directly to an answering machine. I had a UTI infection for a month which made me very unwell, due to samples being contaminated or antibiotics that were not effective.

I am stressing now as there is so much lack of communication and with a different midwife i feel im having to explain things over and over.

Im nearly 35 weeks pregnant and just want this pregnancy to hurry up and finish. ..which is so sad as this is my last one.

Thanks for taking the time to read...if youve made it this far.

I'd be stressed too! I'm in the US and haven't had issues with my office like that, but I can imagine it's insanely difficult to make sure they're on the same page. If they don't communicate, they can't effectively treat you.

Could you not ask for the same one or make the appointment with that mw when she pops in? I know that feeling 😞
They do tend to do that which is awful.
I went to adau the other day for my weekly bp check & the mw I saw wrote in my notes things she never did. Like the lie of the baby. Said he was free. She never even touched me! So go figure... That's extremely naughty if you ask me! 😱

I'd be stressed too! I'm in the US and haven't had issues with my office like that, but I can imagine it's insanely difficult to make sure they're on the same page. If they don't communicate, they can't effectively treat you.

I am stressed. My normal midwife who ive known since having my daughter 6 years ago knows the situation this time round.
I was given my surgeon for my csection but i declined him. The reason being: my sister was in hospital and was bleeding through her early pregnancy. They suspected an eptopic pregnancy. This surgeon wanted to preform her scan as he was going to be the one who was to treat her. He confirmed he saw her pregnancy in her tube... and that was that. Apparently on investigation later that day, a midwife looked at the scan picture of the eptopic pregnancy and said that he was scanning her veins. Turn a long story short...the pregnancy was in her womb but she miscarried. Was a very stessful time for my sister that was made worse by him.

I just dont feel confident in a professional whos job is in the fertility sector to scan a woman wrongly to do my csection.

Anyway... turns out my appointment tomorrow for my reassessment is with him and he may still be preforming my surgery after ive requested him not to. My mw who knows alll this but is now ON HOLIDAY!!! So i feel trapped.

Sorry for whittering on :(

Could you not ask for the same one or make the appointment with that mw when she pops in? I know that feeling 😞
I went to adau the other day for my weekly bp check & the mw I saw wrote in my notes things she never did. Like the lie of the baby. Said he was free. She never even touched me! So go figure... That's extremely naughty if you ask me! 😱

I was told by another different midwife that the one i normally see is on holiday...

That'sshocking that your midwife write she felt the baby when shr never!!!!

I was told by another different midwife that the one i normally see is on holiday...

That'sshocking that your midwife write she felt the baby when shr never!!!!

I know!! 😱 so I have been told to report it too my normal mw coz she was on annual leave too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->