Stretch Mark questions??

eew1471

Reaction score
I hope no one is offended by my question but I'm almost in my third trimester and very curious! How far along were you when you started getting stretch marks and how much weight had you gained?

I'm not alot of help, I'm 24 weeks still no sign of stretch marks, but I've only gained about 5-6 pounds in total. I keep getting told I'm very small looking for 24 weeks, but my little Monster is right on track for measurements, so I guess it's just me.
I'm crossing my fingers I can keep the no stretch marks and minimal weight gain up for the next 16 weeks lol.

28ish weeks with my first.
Not sure with my second, probably around 25?
I got so many stretchies though :( Thankfully i havn't gotten any new ones this pregnancy...probably bc my other two stretched things out so much!

not all women get stretch marks though...its mostly genetic.

PS weight gain doesn't have to be the deciding factor :nope: I only put on 13.5lbs with DS1 and he was my the worst w/ stretchies. and 19lbs with DS2. Clearly i dont gain much weight, but you would never know from looking at my stomach....

I didn't have any until 34 weeks with the twins and up maybe 20lbs pre-pregnancy.

I didn't get them until about 2 weeks before my son was born, and the ones on my legs I got the day he was born because I swelled durin labour

In total I gained about 40 pounds but was only 10 pounds heavier then per pregnancy when I left the hospital .

In my first pregnancy i gained 35lbs and just had a few stretchies around my belly button. Can barely see them now.

Only got two on my boobs at about 35 weeks and only gained 10lb.

Probably wont be so lucky this time!

I haven't got any, I carried my daughter until 39 weeks. I also only gained 28lbs and slowly which i believe helped reduce the likelihood of me getting any.

^ was going to mention, u are more likely to get SMs if u gain it all of a sudden and not slowly. I def gained my weight fast even tho it wasn't much and I think that contributed greatly

I did not get any...but if I get pregnant again, I am sure I will!

I didn't get any with dd, hoping to not get any this time round either but I may not get away with it this time.
Not sure on weight gain but I carried my daughter until 40weeks

I only got one at 38 weeks and I gained a lot of weight - almost 20 kg.

I never got any with my son and I gained 31pounds. So far, none with this one either.

I made it to about 38 weeks and overnight I was like a road map :-(
So even if you think you are getting away with it, use bio oil. also, stay hydrated as this is a factor.
Xx

I got a few at around 40 weeks (I was induced at 41 weeks). I gained around 22 pounds.

I loooove the stretchmarks I have. I never liked showing my tummy before pregnancy but now, just three months after giving birth I love to! (Though I am sure nobody is impressed with them haha). When out with my hubby and baby it's like, "yeah, that's right! I carried that adorable baby and she gave me these!"

I got a few at around 40 weeks (I was induced at 41 weeks). I gained around 22 pounds.

I loooove the stretchmarks I have. I never liked showing my tummy before pregnancy but now, just three months after giving birth I love to! (Though I am sure nobody is impressed with them haha). When out with my hubby and baby it's like, "yeah, that's right! I carried that adorable baby and she gave me these!"

I hope I have that same sweet outlook if I get any! I never liked showing my tummy, not that I thought anything was wrong, just always stayed covered up. So far my marks are clear and I think that maybe they were old from when I was a child...

Hi i was about 29 weeks with my first put on a massive amount of weight. My stomach is covered in them (silver now tho) with my second didnt gt any more neither with this one. Some get them some dont. X

I never got any stretch marks with my 1st or 2nd, I had gained about 35 pounds with both pregnancies.

I am almost 13 weeks pregnant and have 3 stretch marks! I have actually lost about 15 pounds total, about a pound/two each week. I think I'm getting them because I'm losing so quickly- plus I'm not overweight so I don't have much to lose.

My son was born at 26 weeks and I didn't get any. I gained 18lb all together. I wonder though, if I go past 36 weeks this time, whether I'll get any!.. My mum didn't get any with all 3 of her pregnancies, neither did my sister. I've heard its hereditory so I would ask you mum if you can x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->