Stretch Mark questions??

This is my first pregnancy. I got my first stretchmarks on my hips (initially just one then a couple of weeks later the other) at 30 weeks. At dead on 35 weeks I found my first on my lower stomach. Fingers crossed they stay there as they are hidden by knickers :) But, if they appear all over then I'm not going to worry because they are my battle scars and my baby is soooooo worth each and every one!!

Not until about week 36 with my little boy, but then that was only around my belly button piercing hole - plus he was shoving his bottom out just there, which didn't help. Hoping that it doesn't get worse this time round! :) x

I carried my DD until 40+5. I gained 53lb (mainly water retention in my legs though...they were MASSIVE!!!) I got a couple of tiny stretch marks around my belly button but that was all, they've gone now though.

Noticed two tiny ones on my sides at 29 weeks.
I'm now 33 weeks and have two huge ones on my sides that look more like massive burn scars and a couple small ones.

Got a lot on both my upper legs too :( Its common to get them at this stage.
I started this pregnancy at 55kg I'm now 66kg

No stretchmarks ..i delivered at 38 weeks! :). Hope im lucky enough this time too!

I'm only 3 weeks 2 days (if I'm even pregnant :wacko: ), but I know quite a few people who got their stretch marks all in the third trimester or when the
2nd was about to end.

If you're worried about it, I heard that drinking a lot of water and rubbing lotion on 2 times a day can prevent them.

I'm 39 weeks and so far I still don't have any, my weight gain had been slow so that has helped only gain about 24lbs

Honestly, i think being hydrated and all that helps, but at the end of the day if you are prone to them (even if at no other point in your life besides pregnancy) they are hardly preventable. Elasticity of skin is the major deciding factor, even moreso than weight gain. Some ppl will say "this works" or "that works" but honestly im guessing those ppl wouldn't have had the issue to begin with (or very minimally), even if they didnt use magic oils or lotion....BUT i see how using them, since it doesn't hurt things, is always worth a shot.

Though I'd managed to escape stretch marks but they all appeared at 38 weeks! Whether or not you get them is down to your genes, ask your female relatives if they have them to give you an idea of how pre-disposed you might be to getting them. Although you could get lucky and be the most elastic-skinned one in your family!

I think he only bit you can try to control is how big they are, staying hydrated and using oil on your skin might stop them getting too big and will help them fade more quickly.

Obviously it also depends on how big your bump gets, it was very hot in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy so think water retention may have added a few more to my belly, I don't mind them now as they're just a shimmer on my skin after almost 4 years.

If you lack elasticity in your skin genetically, then you're bound to get them. All the women in my family got it. Mine started out as tiny and skinny pink lines at the lower half of my belly around the end of third trimester. I got it on my sides, which appeared worse, darker, redder, and took longer to fade. Also had some on the top portion of my butt. However through time, they've all since faded. And I gained about 20lb with my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->