stretch marks... eugh getting me down :(

lotte

want my own little bubba!
Reaction score
I have applied every lotion and potion twice a day throughout my pregnancy and had no stretch marks at all until about 25 weeks... i thought id got away with it! Now though my stomach is full of them, litrally the whole bottom of my stomach is indented and scarred. I only ever had a couple growing up and i was quite proud of that and now i know il be left with a saggy scarred stomach. Its just really upset me i mean i know theyre for a reason and i would have them all over for my baby but i had such little body confidence before pregnancy and i dont know how il feel after baby arrives. Im literally finding a new one each day and i have 8 weeks left. :,( x

Go on the net and look at pics of women with them before and after. I was scared when I saw mine popping up but there is firstly nothing we can do about it. I am covered from puberty so I didnt want to add anymore to my collection. But its tough. Secondly some women get them so bad and their stomachs actually dont look too bad after. Keep up with a cream preferably one which will lighten them and youll hardly notice them x

I had none whatsoever, then suddenly, at 31 weeks they literally erupted (akin to a volcano) overnight. I'm absolutely covered in them now.

If it's any consolation, one of my close friends got really bad stretchmarks when she was pregnant. She was showing me how hers look now at my baby shower, and they are virtually unnoticable.

I got sooo many with my first Pregnancy and felt the same way you do. Mine were really wide and deep but they still faded and didn't look so bad. Now in my 2nd pregnancy they look wide and deep again but I have faith that they'll be ok again and they are BAD just now. I have a pic but im not sure im brave enough to post it. Keeping properly hydrated worked better for me than any creams did.

Thanks ladies :) il keep up with the cream and stay hydrated and hope for the best! The things we go through... im just hoping they wont get that much worse :S x

Honey, please don't stress out about things that we have no control over. You probably knew you'd get some at one stage. Sorry to say it but they're only likely to get worse if you have 8 weeks left. Forget they're there and embrace your new body. You're growing a baby, stretch marks should be at the back of your mind. Think of how amazing he'll make you feel when he's here. They're all going to be worth it!

Keep with the lotions and potions and drinking water to help keep the elasticity in your skin. Stretch marks fade so much to the point where you barely notice them. They go silvery and you only see them in certain lights.

Chin up hon x x

Agree with Lolita, be proud of them, they are there because you are growing a new life. How amazing is that!?!?!? They will fade with time.

I know how you're feeling, but trust me you will grow to accept them and they'll fade loads! The best thing you can do is try and relax and remember your body will change a lot! After you've healed you can eat healthily and excercise and you'll look good :) never the same but still great!

My belly was covered with them, my bum and thighs. They faded loads! My belly skin is saggy though and I find that worse than the stretchmarks to be honest X

Thanks ladies i know your right i need to stop focusing on them and they will fade in time :) thank you for replying xxx

I'm in the same boat Hun. They popped up over my lower belly at 25 weeks and I've religiously applied creams and oils and bathed with oils all way through, thought if be ok too as my mum was fine with me. They're starting to get me down aswell as I've never been over confident with my body and I'm wondering how I'm gonna feel after. DH keeps telling me theirs beautiful as they're a mark or his growing baby bless him which makes me smile but I'm still gutted. I know they are only gonna get worse too. Sometimes in the night I can feel that they're sore and sometimes itchy but I don't touch them just get up and slap more cream on. I have some on my hips from my teenage years and they very light a hardly noticeable just hope they fade the same. We just gotta remember there's no control over them so try not to get upset. I saw a picture once of a lady's tummy with stretchmarks, said something like 'you're body is not ruined, you're a god damn tiger who's earned her stripes!!!' Keep that in mind, I'm trying to! :) :hugs:

Vitamin E oil is great for preventing and fading stretch marks, bio oil works alright too (u can mix them). I used this little potion religously while pregnant w my first and now w my second, and it worked(s) great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->