Stretch Marks - Looking for Recommendations!

hfm5110

Reaction score
Looking for creams/lotions/balms to help prevent stretch marks. Are there certain brands/types you'd recommend??

I didn't use any products, just kept the weight gain slow and steady so my skin didn't stretch too fast, and drank lots of water to stay hydrated. Ended up with just one tiny stretch mark under my belly button around 40 weeks. :) (and I am very prone to stretch marks!)

I use clarins body tonic oil pricey at €45 I'm 33weeks now and nothing, so far!!
A lady at work my build used it while she was pregnant with twins and she never got stretch marks. I'm hopeful as my mam and all my sisters had stretch marks at this stage and there holding off thank god.

I'm just using baby oil and so far so good!

Thanks ladies!

Anyone heard of Mambino products? They have an anti-stretch that I'm looking into but not sure it's worth the cost.

Sorry to tell you, there's no product that will stop stretchmarks! Whether or not you get them is really to do with age, genetics and how fast you put on weight.

I mean, there's certainly no harm in moisturising each day. But you might as well just use something cheap from the supermarket as some expensive cream or oil that claims it's specifically for stretchmarks. Because that is just marketing, there's absolutely no proof in it.

I'm stalking for some tips! Though, I know logically that if I'm going to get them, I'm going to get them :(

I'm alternating between palmers and bio oil. And, more importantly, I'm making sure I'm always well hydrated.

Larkspur - when you say age is a factor, do they affect younger or older women more? I wonder if skin type (dry/oily) makes a difference?

Thanks ladies!

Anyone heard of Mambino products? They have an anti-stretch that I'm looking into but not sure it's worth the cost.

We sell it at work there lovely smell beautiful that oil dries really quick so great before work in the morning there baby stuff is lovely too. My mam and 5off my sisters had really bad stretch marks I'm the only one who hasn't I thank clarins body tonic for that, I don't drink as much water as I used too gives me really bad braxtonhicks when my bladders to full. I say start moisturising early, what harm can it do and baby loves the rub down he rolls when I put my oil on!

Larkspur - when you say age is a factor, do they affect younger or older women more? I wonder if skin type (dry/oily) makes a difference?

It's actually older women who get fewer. The younger you are, the more elastin there is in your skin, so it stretches less easily. The older you are, your skin is already a bit more – let's not say saggy, let's say relaxed, haha – so you're less likely to get stretchmarks. It's one of the few physical advantages of being an older mum. :winkwink:

That's good to hear. I'm 35 and pregnant with my first. Finally a benefit of being an older first time mom!

Thanks Larkspur! I know it's so vain but I'd really like to avoid stretch marks!

I used bio oil every morning and vitamin e aloe Vera oil every night with my daughter.. My midwife said I honestly had the worst stretch marks she had ever seen!

I didn't particularly want stretch marks but I guess it was my babies home so in not too bothered anymore. I wonder if I will get new ones with this baby

I've heard one of the few things that actually helps is staying hydrated (from the inside, not topically). So make sure you're drinking plenty of water!

I used bio oil every morning and vitamin e aloe Vera oil every night with my daughter.. My midwife said I honestly had the worst stretch marks she had ever

Oh my god!!! My sister was the same my poor mam is 74 and still has them and she's only a little thing!

I agree with Larkspur. Nothing you can do to prevent stretch marks aside from not getting pregnant.

Stretch marks are genetic, no cream will prevent them. I use cocoa butter to keep my tummy hyrdated so I don't get terribly itchy.

That's good to hear. I'm 35 and pregnant with my first. Finally a benefit of being an older first time mom!

Yeah, I didn't get any with my first at 35/36, and I doubt I'll get any with this one either at 37/38. Then again, my mum didn't get any with me at 29, so maybe I'd have been fine 10 years ago too.

I agree with others if your going to get them your going to get them, no special products will stop them its one of those things if you use some lotion and you don't get them you will put it down to the lotion but its something you will never know!

I did mouisturise my tummy and hips every morning and night more so to keep my skin hydrated and not get itchy, I just used a very cheap coco butter about 79p a tub! I didn't get stretchmarks at all but already this pregnancy ive got 3 brewing and ive been doing the same as last pregnancy! x

From what I have read, if you're genetically prone to get stretch marks, nothing you do or put on is going to prevent them. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->