Stretch Marks :(

theroselegacy

Reaction score
I made it through 27 weeks without them and once week 28 hit I started noticing the skin on my belly was getting sore. I started looking at my belly and noticed dark red stretch marks :( I know they cannot be prevented, but do any ladies know if it's safe to put cocoa butter on during pregnancy? I know the lotion won't make them go away, but my skin is so dry and sore, I thought it might help. I just wasn't sure if putting lotion on the belly is safe?

Coco butter is fine, infact its recommened to be used during pregnancy as it helps prevent and soothe your tummy. I use a pregnancy stretchpark cream from Cushions i think its called, i brought it from boots and it was £9, however its really good, and im 30 weeks and yet to get one
Hope it gets better soon x

Yes cocoa butter is fine !! I used bio oil with my first and didnt get a single stretch mark so Im using bio oil this time too but of course I have stretch marks UGH I think its luck of the draw lol

I'm using a lotion with Vitamin E and a body wash with Vitamin E as well... I think it is luck of the draw, but so far so good and my skin is moist and not itchy. From what I hear, the best indicator of stretch marks is your own Mom.

Aww!! I started getting mine at like 22 weeks so ive had alot of time to get used to them being there and they got worse and worse til recently they've settled...hopefully there done although ive realized no matter how hard i stare at them there not going anywhere i dont think theres room for more on my poor belly! As for the itching and soreness i've noticed that Aveeno helps alot

I'm a cocoa butter and Bio Oil believer too!

Started slathering both on during 1st Tri every morning & evening and very luckily haven't got any stretch marks (touch wood it stays that way, but if it happens it happens!)

I'm 33 weeks, with a big round bump and even my midwife has commented on the fact I haven't got any!

The cocoa butter I use is by Nivea :)

I have lathered my bump in coca butter and bio oil twice a day since day 1 and I am covered in them, they started appearing at 18 weeks. It sucks but I just keep reminding myself I'll have worse problems in my life :) in my opinion if you're going to get them you'll get them, though I still slap the cream on in the hope it minimises them, it can't hurt! And mine have never been sore or itchy so maybe it's helping in some way.

I've used cocoa butter and bio oil daily and was so pleased that I didn't have any stretch marks then about a week ago I developed them overnight!! Not happy and they're getting worse everyday :(

It's so random - my first pregnancy I only got a few small ones, this time I have heaps! Totally put on cocoa butter if it makes you feel less sore. I have been so itchy it's been driving me crazy - lavender oil is helping to soothe my skin.

I started getting mine around 27 weeks. I have a few on the outsides of my hips and a couple in the inner thighs and my breasts are covered in them. :( I think the worst of it all is just above my belly button. I had my navel peirced and it stretched it out so much it tore the whole thing in 4 directions so i kid you not it looks like i have a deep red (scar like) "X" Just above my belly button. My hubby jokes that theres treasure in there and that x marks the spot. lol It doesnt hurt or anything but i definitely am not recommending people get there belly button peirced unless they possible want a giant x on them that wont go away hahah. (wish i was warned, found out both my cousins had the same thing happen).

That is where all of mine seem to be happening is around my belly button. It looks terrible :( They will probably never fade so I guess it's goodbye to bikinis for me lol.

I started getting them this week (week 30). I've been using coconut oil every day. I guess it really is genetics... my mom got them too. Yesterday I was super depressed about it but honestly... it'll be okay. They do fade.

Someone said to me today "They aren't stretch marks, they are your tiger stripes that you're earning by building a little human being!!!" :)

So I ended up buying the tummy butter by Palmers and the following day I was itching non stop :( Anybody else have a reaction like this? I guess I'm allergic to it...

No stretch marks until abt a month ago, have been using Palmers tummy butter & bio oil since day 1. Only have a few red marks on my hips, which seem to have developed from stretch marks I had there as a teenager when I grew & lost a lot of weight. Hopefully they don't appear anywhere else!

I think it's more the luck of the draw then genetics...my mom had lots of stretch marks each baby, my sister none till her second. Me, fourth pregnancy and none so far. I've never used lotions or oils, but who knows if ill get any this time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->