Stretch Marks

Hotbell312

Reaction score
Anyone who has been pregnant before any advice on what to start now to prevent or minimize them. I am only 6 weeks in, but curious as to what I should start doing

I been using coco butter as that what I been told by quite a few people to use and so far it's doing it's job :)

Also I had some stretch mark before I was pregnant due to being bigger when I was younger and my oh has told me that he has noticed they faded quite a bit since using the cream

I definitely think stretch marks are one of those things that if you're meant to get, you'll get. However, there's nothing wrong with taking preventative measures. I was expecting to be covered in them, as I have some on my hips and thighs from when I was a teenager and my Mum and Sister also both got them on their stomachs during pregnancy. I've been using a cream which contains coconut oil since week 8 and so far, I don't have any. That being said, a lot of women get them in the last few weeks or even in the weeks after the baby is born, so I'm not counting my blessings just yet :blush:

My first pregnancy they didn't show up until 3rd trimester and it happened almost overnight. I wasn't doing anything to prevent though, my mom had them and just assumed i would too. However, they faded a bit by my 2nd pregnancy and then I didn't get new ones, they just got darker again and faded afterwords. Now, on my third pregnancy 5 years after the first and they are barely visible but I'm expecting them to come back again.

Im.using cocoa butter creams but not very good at remembering to cream every day. I already have stretch marks on belly legs and bum from first pregnancy.I got very bad water retention and swelled very quickly.the ones on.belly were from her dropping very quickly when in labour! I think it is partly genetic but also I.think.if you gain weight suddenly you are more likely to.have them. Just drink lots of water and keep skin.hydrated .If you get them they will fade so.don't worry too much.it's just another part of pregnancy x

With my first I alternated between bio-oil and pregnancy stretch mark cream from Boots - did this at least twice a say from 2nd trimester. I never got any stretchmarks.

This time around, I'm less dedicated but still try at least once a day. I alternate between normal body butter (my body lotion), castor oil, bio-oil and pregnancy stretch mark cream. I'm 38 weeks + with no sign of stretch marks still.

I think the key is trying to make sure your skin doesn;t stretch too much too fast. Apply creams and stuff help, keeping hydrated also helps, not over-eating and putting on weight suddenly would also help. But be mindful , it can be quite sneaky and creep in at the final weeks of pregnancy.

I should mention I do have faded stretch marks from when I was a teen and laso all 3 of my sisters plus my mum had stretch marks during their pregancies so I was more than prone to having them.

Good luck :flower:

Cocoa is supposed to be really good at preventing and reducing stretch marks. I personally did not bother. I already started with a bit of stretch marks (because I am overweight) Now I have a whole belly full of fun stretchmarks. I like them. To me they say "ROAR I AM WOMAN" Hehehe. But that's me.

I have loads of stretch marks from my first pregnancy. Tried coco butter all through my pregnancy because everyone recommended it. Didn't prevent them at all. I think if you're gonna get stretch marks you're gonna get stretch marks :/

I do not believe that if you are prone to get them you will and there is nothing you can do I have stretch marks on my thighs from when I was a teen but I do not have a single stetch mark on my belly from my first pregnancy and nothing so far :nope:

I use Bio Oil twice a day :thumbup: I tried the palmers stuff etc I didn't like the feel or smell of it at all but Bio Oil has really worked for me :thumbup:

Oh and no harm in starting as soon as you can I did :thumbup: if you wait until you have a bump your skin has already been stretched so sooner is better I say

I put cream on and then coconut oil right after a shower. Cream hydrates while an oil based layer seals in moisture. Avoid the sun too as it decreases the elasticity of your skin.

I use cocoa butter every night. I was using e45 during the day as it didn't leave a residue, but I had to stop using it because I was getting really itchy where I have to wear a bump support band :(

I have some stretch marks on my hips from being a teen and the too edge if these have come up red again. So far I have no stretch marks on my tummy though.

I'm not sure whether they can be prevented or not BUT I have heard that they key to them fading quickly is treating them whilst they're still angry and red. So either way, lots of moisturiser every day is going to help either prevent or treat :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->