Stretch Marks

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
Do you use any particular product to help keep them in check? I've been using Palmer's Tummy Butter, and while I know it won't completely eliminate them, it seems to be helping with elasticity.

I only have a few obvious ones at the bottom of my tummy, and as I am not exactly teeny tiny, usually upon gaining weight, they pop up much more obviously on my skin.

Though I must say, it's funny how much more you pay attention to things like that. I can honestly say, before pregnancy, I never would have known that I have exactly 3 stretch marks low on my tummy, one next to my navel, and my navel is significantly shallower.

:shrug::shrug:

I don't use anything lol I got tons in my first pregnancy they faded quickly i didn't get anymore last time and hope not to this time x

I used bio oil with my son and not one stretch mark on my bump (I have some from loosing weight previous to any pregnancies on my hips etc) and I am using bio oil this time and no stretch marks yet so I am hoping I do not get any :thumbup:

I'm using nothing! I was religious with slapping oils or cream on twice a day with my DD only to end up with them all down the backs of my legs when I went into labour!

This time I'm going to embrace them knowing that they'll soon fade when I can be bothered to start fake tanning again :haha:

I avoided them with palmers last time although i have a couple on my bum and thighs from when i went on the pill years ago x

I used coconut oil through my first pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks and using it this time around too without any signs yet :)

I was using bio oil but I don't really believe anything you put on your skin will prevent them, it just helps with the itchiness to keep tummy moisturised.

I used bio oil and palmers oil and cream 3 times a day. It was great for hydration and elasticity but I still ended up getting stretch marks. Either you get them or you don't unfortunately. But definitely bio oil is my favorite. I believe it helped a lot after pregnancy with healing and fading the stretch marks. Mine look so much better than they did last summer.

I'm using Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and I haven't gotten any yet, but I have no idea if I'm genetically predisposed to them or not. My mom has passed so I can't ask her if she got them. The Belly Butter is really helping with itchiness, if anything, but I can't say for sure if it prevents stretchmarks.

I creamed religiously 3 times a day from the day I found out I was pregnant and still ended up getting them with DD on my hip bones. They were really angry looking but when I went on holiday, I would wear a bikini and the sun really helped, they are hard noticeable now. I've not used anything this time as I think what will be, will be. I've not got any new ones so far.

I try use bio oil, but realistically I've probably used it 5 times since I've been pregnant :dohh: oh well, if it happenes it happens. Never going to be a supermodel anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->