Stretchmarks . . .

marie_g

Reaction score
Hi all,

I developed some stretch marks during the end of my teens so I already had a few to start with around my hips. But today I noticed my first pregnancy one :cry: - its around my belly button - and I have a feeling im going to get quite a few more... just wondering how everyone else is doing with stretchmarks and when did you start to notice them? hmmm - do you think theres a chance I wont get any more? nope, me neither :cry:

M x

Aww hun. :hugs: Trust me. You could have it worse. I've been slowly developing more and more stretchmarks since ohh about 18 weeks! And I can't even count how many there are because they circle my belly button pretty much completely. And they are on my hips. And like one or two on my lower back. And now I'm noticing them on my thighs as well. :rofl::rofl: But I'm actually fine with them. My baby is healthy and that is all that matters.:cloud9: Try not to sweat it too much!! :hugs::hugs:

Aw thanks:hugs: I know I shouldnt worry, and i know lots of pregnant tummys look lovely with or without stretchmarks. Yeah, the most importnant thing is my baby is healthy - and this is all for him :baby:

Yeah. I know how hard it can be to look at it from the positive side of things though! Especially when it comes to our bodies stretching in unnatural ways. :rofl:

I noticed my first ones at 23 weeks. The main ones are just below belly button on right. I have about 4 there and they were actually a little sore when they appeared. I immediately started using my palmers moisturiser and the do see to have faded a litte. I'm hoping not to get too many more, but I already know I'm succeptable to them as I got them in my teens too :(
But baby scars I can cope with! :)

I'm 18weeks and 3days! None as yet. I'm doing all i can to prevent them! Bathing in baby oil, applying bio oil and dr.palmers stuff daily! Lol. I hope i don't get them.

I've used bio oil religiously day and night from about 14 weeks.

TOUCHWOOD my stomach is strech mark free (for now!). On my hips though - thats another story!!! It could be a conincidence but I started off putting the bio oil just on my belly - it wasn't until about 20 weeks I noticed them appearing at my sides. So I wonder if I'd applied it as much at the sides as I did on my tummy, whether I'd have any.

I apply it to the sides now but it seems a little too late!! Oh well!!

Aww you shouldn't worry about them it's all part of carrying and having babies i'm afraid, i had 3 with my 1'st but you couldnt tell i was pregnant and was induced a month early then when my second came i developed more of them, i'm hopeing i wont get any this time cos of it :lol:

Clare x

I have my left over ones from my DD and hoping for no new ones --- I call them my badges of honor!

And while we're talking about stretch marks... them being "hereditary" is totally not true!

I also have some on my thighs, hips and bum from growth spurts when I was a teen, so am pre-disposed and expecting pg stretchmarks too...

So far I have not noticed any, but I think (and I'm not sure whether I am just being paranoid) that the ones I already had on my hips are becoming more pronounced... So as someone already said - I too am watching my hips and bum area as well as my bump. I generally use bio oil everyday - hoping that will make a difference.... - in any case I am addicted to moisturizer anyway - so any excuse!

xx

I have some which appeared underneath my bump from my first pg and one at the side of my belly button despite having applied cream/oil 2 or 3 times a day! I am hoping to 're-use' the same ones LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->