strip washing?

lorrilou

Reaction score
What exactly do you have to do and how often? :blush:

Aisling's been in cloth for 4 months now and have only done a strip wash once! :blush: I'm just going to do it if I notice stink or problems with absorbancy.

I did one wash at 60 with the full amount of detergent and then kept rinsing until all the bubbles were gone - just to be warned, it takes HOURS!

I tend to put my nappy load on a 60 wash on a long cycle so hour and half then a 40 wash standard this gets them bubble free. I have enough nappies to do 3 or 4 full washes though so cant get them all stripped in one day.

I tend to strip fairly regularly so I dont have to spend all day at it and there is never a big detergent build up. I end up doing each of my nappies once a month and have found this works best as I only need to do 3 or 4 rinses.
I do a cool short wash (quicker than a rinse cycle!!) then a 60 degree wash with full load of gel/liquid then rinse til no bubbles (if its done once a month then only 3 maybe 4 rinses)
I do normally do an extra rinse after every time of washing tbh as this keeps it to a minimum. I am now switching to soapnuts but will still "strip" once a month ie use detergent once a month just as it makes me feel more confident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->