Strong back contractions 39 weeks

lrxjessica

Reaction score
Since Thursday morning at 10am, I've been having strong back labor contractions. They have progressively gotten worse. I went into labor and delivery and was checked at 8pm. I was 1cm and 80% effaced and cervix very soft. Frustrated, I was. So they released me. At 3am, they woke me up very intense. And some seeming to be back to back or multiple peaks. My waters haven't gone yet. I have not really had any plug or show, just some tinted brownish discharge. It feels like my lower back and upper buttocks are on fire. They come on or get worse with walking. Extreme pressure down there. Baby is moving a bit, sometimes feels like he's pushing his head down and I'll get a bad pressure cramp when he does it. I don't want to go into labor and delivery and be sent home again. And be discouraged. But the pain is pretty bad and I'm exhausted from not being able to sleep. So they are about 5 minutes apart and last 60 to 90 seconds. Sometimes multiple peaks. Think it's about time? Anyone experience labor like this? I'm going for a VBAC and worried about straining my uterus too much at home also.

i'd say to go back. yes the worst case is that they could try and send you home, but I was told at my antenatal classes, that its either 4cm dialated, OR when you reach a point that you personally feel you can't cope anymore and may need stronger pain relief. plus you might need extra checks just to make sure babys doing fine seeing as your aiming for a vbac. :shrug: good luck! :thumbup:

Okay, I'm going to try to go in. I'm delivering at a military hospital and they tend to me very rushed. They hook you up, do an internal check..if you are less than 4cm, they tell you to get dressed and leave. So that's how it's been and makes me feel a bit self conscious now and question myself.

I did,A week over due with my first and i had back pain so bad and it made me sick!!No book or anybody ever told me you can have back labour!!Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->