Strong braxton hicks and bloody show. 34 weeks *UDATE

SAmummy

mom of 3 boys
Reaction score
So 3 days ago I had what I thought was an upset tummy all night along with braxton hicks. They carried on for about another day, but I put it down to being dehydrated and they eased off. I thought I must have eaten something bad. Now this afternoon I have had some bloody show (never had this before my labours) and getting some pretty strong braxton hicks . Now I'm beginning to get a little worried as I'm only 34 weeks :(

I don't know what to do. I'm going to feel like a real idiot if I call my Dr and it's nothing, but I also know that if it is something I need to get seen to ASAP as it's still early. Ugh it would be at night here too :dohh:

And I have nothing ready !!! No hospital bag, nappies, no blankets ! My baby shower is in 2 weeks time so I was planning on sorting it all out after that !

I would call and tell them what's happening just in case. Good luck

Was it bright red? if so I'd just go in.... but if its just a light spotting I'd keep an eye on it, if it continues or gets heavier call dr ....better safe than sorry! GL !

I would get checked out as soon as possible. Sounds like early labour and if if is they can probably stop it.

Regarding bloody show, they need to make sure it is actually a show and not s little bleed. Better to be safe than sorry good luck x

Definately call hun. It might be nothing but it could be early labour. They will never make you feel silly or like you're wasting their time, its always better to err on the side of caution and if it turns out to be nothing then they will feel relieved with you!

All the best x

Thanks ladies . I will prob give the Dr a call today. Really didn't want to phone in the middle of the night ! If it wasn't so early I wouldn't be bothered at all. It wasn't bright red, more brown and a lot of mucus which makes me think it's the show. Contractions have settled a bit since resting so feeling a little more calm now ! You would think after 3 babies I would know what to do :blush:

It's just because you weren't expecting it :) once you get to 35 weeks it's a good geatation most people take their babies home after a few days around then xx

So I have been admitted to labour ward because I am in early labour . Been given steroids and something to try stop contractions which seems to be helping so we will see what happens from here ! A little more relaxed now that I am here though and thankfully it's a decent gestation . Just a bit of a shock ! Will update later thanks ladies :flower:

Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly for you x

Good luck, hopefully they can get LO to stay put a bit longer for you x

Well stayed overnight and was put Procardia and steroids. Dr was happy to send me home today on bed rest as no further dilation had occurred and contractions had settled. Just got home and when I went to the toilet and wiped I had some bright red blood. Not too much but enough to get me a little worried :( I hate this. Had completely normal pregnancies and births for the others .

Well stayed overnight and was put Procardia and steroids. Dr was happy to send me home today on bed rest as no further dilation had occurred and contractions had settled. Just got home and when I went to the toilet and wiped I had some bright red blood. Not too much but enough to get me a little worried :( I hate this. Had completely normal pregnancies and births for the others .

Oh no :( hope you're ok. Did you ring about the bleed? I know sometimes just being in labour and dilating can cause bleeding. Hopefully baby stats in for a few more days/weeks and you'll have a normal labour xx

Did they check your cervix? That can cause you to bleed too. I hope everything is ok x

They did do a check before I was discharged so I think that's probably the cause. It's stopped and back to brown mucus ( sorry tmi I know.) Contractions have stopped so I am just going to calm down and relax. I think most people panic at the sight of bright red blood. I will call them if I have any more. Thanks ladies .... I'll probably end up going overdue after sending everyone in my family into a panic :haha:

I'm glad contractions stopped. I had the same scenario happen to me, 34w is actually not too bad.

With me, they did everything like you, and we went home but my contractions didn't stop. Dd was born at 34.0

But, she was fine!!!! Just early, spent 10 days in hospital because she was early. No other health issues.

So positive thoughts, the fact that they stopped is awesome and you are 34.4 right? So almost 35. You are in good shape!!!!

I'll be 34w tomorrow with #2. Thankful to have made it this far and praying for 36!!!

Good luck!

I'm glad contractions stopped. I had the same scenario happen to me, 34w is actually not too bad.

With me, they did everything like you, and we went home but my contractions didn't stop. Dd was born at 34.0

But, she was fine!!!! Just early, spent 10 days in hospital because she was early. No other health issues.

So positive thoughts, the fact that they stopped is awesome and you are 34.4 right? So almost 35. You are in good shape!!!!

I'll be 34w tomorrow with #2. Thankful to have made it this far and praying for 36!!!

Good luck!

Thanks for this .... Very encouraging . They come back as the dose wears off, but at least it's working because they stop with the next dose . A lot calmer now back home :flower:

Hoping baby stays put a little while longer at least and that your doing ok too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->