Strong ovulation pain - told its normal?

mummof1

Reaction score
Hey ladies ! So here I am again around my TWW. I'm on cycle day 12.. Typically ovulate anywhere from 12-17.
Anyway, for the past few years off and on and now this past year regularly, I have been experiencing bad ovulation pain . It lasts a day or two and usually alternates sides each month .
I mentioned this to my family doctor so he sent me for an ultrasound and referred me to my OBGYN (I haven't seen her since I had my second son).
Anyway , she told me my ultrasound was fine and the pain is normal . She said it's very common ... I have read conflicting articles so I was just wondering if anyone else experiences pain during ovulation ? Its a very sharp, stabbing pain in my lower abdomen.
Thank you in advance for responses :)

Stalking. I am experiencing period like cramps, a bit painful really. Like tugging feeling? I also have cysts though so could be that, or a strong egg ;)

The last 2 months I had intensely strong, sharp, stabbing O pain that I ended up having to take advil for it was so bad. Prior to that I actually never associated any type of cramp or pain to ovulation. It may have been there but I never realized that's why the pain if that makes sense? Ive fallen pregnant very easy with my 4 children that I have already. We are now trying for #5 and its not happening yet. Because of this ive been much more in tune with my body and pain and symptoms than ever before. I do know I never had such sharp intense O pain though, it would be impossible to ignore that! This month however, I was expecting the same intense pain and nothing really. I had a positive opk 2 days ago, I was crampy a bit yesterday (like menstrual cramps) and twice had sharp twinges that lasted only about a minute (not an hour or more like last month) so Im guessing that was ovulation still but I don't know. Its all so confusing, I wish our bodies would just do the same thing every month so we would know!

I've heard it's super normal for varying levels of O pain from cycle to cycle. I have also read (though just on forums not a reputable source) that strong O pains can be indicative of a higher grade egg

I have them every month. It seems to happen for me that day I ovulate. Doctor says it is common and the strength and area varies from person to person. Mine is always on the same side (right) but it varies from a from hours of mid discomfort to a day of sharp pains.

Thank you so much for your responses!
I have not been on here since I posted this (busy household lately).
I had the O pain yesterday..was not as strong as it usually is and it didn't last as long.
I'm super surprised I even ovulated because I have been under a lot of stress lately (work, sick kids etc) !
I decided this month not to take OPKs or temp or keep track of when we have sex. Trying to have a relaxed approach this time.
I am due on May 18th but I will be testing on the 16th since its my brothers wedding that day and if I'm not pregnant I would like to have a couple glasses of wine lol !

Just updating that I had confirmed ovulation on cd12 which was April 30th, and I posted on the 1st.
Confirmed via bloodwork

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->