Stroppy 6 year old

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
Please someone give me advice, I am at the end of my tether!

She has constant attitude and answers back to everything. I have just put her to bed for calling me a stupid cow and now I feel guilty

I just don't know how to deal with it. I try and give her as much attention as I can but its hard with 2 kids. We've had a day of just us today and its made no difference. Yet she stayed at my Mums last night and was golden so why can't she be like that for me?

Any advice?

I have a 7 yr old girl, a 6 yr old boy, and a 14month old girl. I would say its a phase. My 7 year old went through a similar phase when she was 6 but it wasnt as bad and it quickly passed. Im going through it with my son now, i think they are testing the boundries. They've probley heard stories from other kids at school etc and shes just trying her luck. I just put my foot down cut down out privilages and it usually gets my son back in line.........til the next time.

i could have wrote that, i think its a phase as well. since my dd went back to school her attitude is awful and im coming down hard on her with it. she is great with other people just not me. the best thing ive done is got her dad to back me up, she did start to calm down abit after he starting telling her off as well.

OMG how have i not heard about this site before :wacko: its so good to know that i am not the only mother at the end of my wick. Ive a 8 year old daughter who sometimes has an attitude but is mostly a nice polite well behaved girl but its my 6 year son that is driving me mad. Ever since we was about 3 he has just gotten worse, today he called me a big fat horrible women and that he hates me. where did her hear this kind of thing and how can i get him to behave, i put him to bed today after he did his homework (it was a struggle to get it done) and left him in his room for 1 hour to cool off. He was allowed to come down stairs for dinner and has been on his best behaviour ever since. :thumbup: My fear is, he has his good days and bad days and i dont know how to make him wise up and stop mis behaving and just be a good little boy that i know he can be. H E L P lol any advice is greatly welcomed xx:shrug:

My kids get time outs for back chatting, and I do think it's a phase, but if she isn't doing it for your mom, then it sounds like she thinks she can get away with it with you, so I think you sending her to her room was a good idea. I think we all feel guilty sometimes, but that doesn't mean we made the wrong decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->