• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Struggling to breathe...

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I'm 26+3 and really struggling to breathe. It's worse when I'm sat down or led down. And my ribs and shoulders are sore. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just baby getting bigger and my lungs getting squashed?

Wondering if I need to call day unit?

I always get that feeling during my pregnancies,
I think it's baby just pushing everything up and making it uncomfortable to breathe. Even started having it now everything gets tight and like I can't get enough air in xx

Yeah like I can get enough air in. Exactly that. Glad to hear it's normal. It's so frustrating though.

And it's making my ribs so sore :( argh!

I always get that feeling during my pregnancies,
I think it's baby just pushing everything up and making it uncomfortable to breathe. Even started having it now everything gets tight and like I can't get enough air in xx

Sorry don't know why it posted that again!!

Yeah think it's pretty normal though xx

I'm not struggling to breathe yet but my midwife asked if I was as she could feel one of my organs up high from where Baby pushed it. So I imagine it's normal though it never hurts to call and ask.

me!! and also on a night when I'm sleeping. my OH has commented I'm heavy breathing when I'm asleep. Im seeing the midwife next week so Im gonna ask her xxx

It's normal but soooo uncomfortable! I too feel like I just can't get enough air! Sometimes I seriously wonder if being short makes it worse as there's less room in there for my uterus so it's even worse? This is my 3rd and I'm 30 weeks today, the only thing I keep telling myself is I have 7-8 weeks most likely!

I'm like it too and I've noticed walking to my moms from my house I'm so out of breath and we live in the same street lol

I got it with ds, I would say to mention it to mw or doctor as it could be a sign of PE which can happen in pregnancy or you can be low in iron. With me they put it down to hormones and a short torso!

Me too! So glad to find this post, because I feel so breathless lately. I hate it. I don't remember this with my last pregnancy, but did have to be put on an iron supplement around this point last time. So maybe it does have to do with iron for me. I will ask at my next appt.

Just so you know sometimes you can feel like this with anaemia so might be worth getting a full blood count done just to check! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->