Struggling to find a venue

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
We're hoping to get married early next year and had viewed a venue that we really like, unfortunately we've just made up our guest list (it took OH ages to get round to it!) and the total number is 150 (so probably less when some can't come) and our possible venue has a 250 capacity seated and a whopping 600 standing!

I'm starting to think that it'll look, well… a little pathetic, to hire this big venue, and have it half full. I think I'll feel like it looks like nobody showed up or we don't have enough friends. :shrugs:

The thing is, we want to do our own catering, we're having a toastie bar and a custom hot chocolate bar, and most smaller venues like pubs we've found expect to cater the event (at huge cost to us and not what we want anyway! ) or are cheap looking halls without alcohol licences or who expect us out by midnight :-(

What do you think? Would it look weird to hire the bigger place? Anyone got any better ideas?

It really depends on the venue tbh. 250 is just the max they can hold & would probably look very squished at most venues. My venue can hold up to 180 people & I'm only having 60-70 guests as we want a small wedding, we've seen it set up for our numbers & it actually looks just right anymore & it would start to get a bit cramped xx

It's a pretty big place, it's a gig venue really! Hmm, maybe I'll talk to the bookings people. We are planning on using an area of the hall as a children's play area so maybe it won't look so empty then!

Ask them to set the venue up for your numbers hun. They should be happy to show you what it would be like for you and it should give you a good idea of space :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->