Struggling wih Colin's gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

meldmac

Mom to an angel and Colin
Reaction score
So far all I have for Colin is: (will be 4.5 at xmas)

Playmobil Furished School
Playmobil Playground
Playmobil School Bus

Other than this I have no idea wat to get him. He has two marble races which he doesn't bother much with. He has a wooden car garage that hasn't seen the light of day in awhile. He has a ton of cars and other vehicles. He has a play kitchen I'm thinking of getting rid of as he doesn't play with this either.

I need serious help!!! I have no idea what to get him. He spends most of his time making up marble races with his train tracks and covers from play doh duplicating the marble races he sees on youtube that people make with a computer generated program. He is very creative that way, but for the life of me I can't think of anything to get him. He doesn't really like arts and crafts or coloring.

Help me ladies!!!

What about Lego or the junior meccano sets?

Oh yea should of mentioned he's got a ton of the proper lego and doesn't play with these either :wacko:

Does he like batman etc? Imaginext have a fab range :thumbup:

What about one of those complicated wooden marble runs?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quadrilla-...=1414534942&sr=8-4&keywords=wooden+marble+run

You can build them and they have fun accessories like musical bits
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quadrilla-E6012-Music-Motion/dp/B00AX8WHAA/ref=pd_bxgy_k_h_b_cs_img_y

They seem to cost loads though but it might appeal if he wants to be really creative with marble runs.

Maybe some sort of domino rally set, to me it has a similar sort of appeal to a marble run
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toys-Pure-...8&qid=1414535070&sr=1-2&keywords=domino+rally

Would some sort of camera so he could film his own marble videos be something he would like?

If he likes marble runs then would he like a domino rally set? Not sure if it would take too much patience to set up though.

As someone else said, Imaginext stuff is great. It's really sturdy and kids get ages out of it.

Thanks ladies great ideas but he's got the Hape wooden marble race set which he loved when I first got it but it falls down on our carpeted floor easily so he gets frustrated with it. The domino idea would be good when he learns a bit more patience I think as he had one set and he didn't really have the patience I don't think.

He used to be really easy to buy for when all he wanted to play with was cars and trains, but now he's getting more into wanting to create his own games and marble races with odd bits and pieces.

I did order him a Lego set and Lego ideas book so hoping I can convince him to "help" me put it together. I think I may just get a few more things and say I'm done as the school itself was pretty expensive and I don't want to buy for the sake of buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"