Kelskiii

Reaction score
The only two names we agree on are:

Thomas James

James Anthony

I like both these names but struggle with the shortened names

Tommy - can handle kind of

Jimmy - do not like at all

When I've mentioned both names FIL immediately said Tommy & continues to do so. My best friend prefers James & keeps saying Jimmy, same name as her dad so she likes it. I've made it clear I don't like the names shortened.

I know it will be hard to stop people shortening names & there are very few names out there, which can't be shortened.

We plan to stay team yellow & we absolutely love our name for a girl, I want to love our boys name too.

Which name do you prefer? Thanks

I think I prefer Thomas James. I'm not so fussed about Anthony but I love both James and Thomas.

I know what you mean about the shortening of names but I'm not sure there's much you can do about it. Would you ever go for James Thomas? I would never presume to call a James 'Jimmy' or 'Jamie' unless his parents did.

I like Thomas James as well. Just keep in mind people will always shorten a name from Tom, Tommie, Tommy boy, to things like Tomster. That is just what people do to be cute. But all and all its a handsome name.

Thank you :) Thomas James is my favourite out of the two. Our surname is Osborne so no doubt will be changed to Ozy when older no matter what name we use :)

I like Thomas James as well. Just keep in mind people will always shorten a name from Tom, Tommie, Tommy boy, to things like Tomster. That is just what people do to be cute. But all and all its a handsome name.

I'm quite awful for this type of thing, yet on a much more ridiculous scale :S I wish I didn't, but I regularly call Imogen "Imogey Pimogey"

As for the names, I must admit I quite like James/Jimmy

Long names will be shortened, short names will be lengthened. Nothing we can do :shrug:

dd is Amelia shortened to Mia and she still gets called Mimi moo in nursery!!! What can you do?! :haha:

I like Thomas James of the two, I also like though Thomas Anthony 2bh!

I like both names but James is my fave I think. I have never heard of a James been called jimmy I have only ever heard jay really x

I know plenty of people who are James and have always been James.

I think with names like James and the short forms as in Jim the two are so different it completely changes the name that people wouldn't be so apt to call him Jim if you introduced as James.

Also, you can easily say we are going with James not Jim.

My husband is Jim from James but is fully a Jim.

I guess I am saying its not taking Andy from Andrew or Pete from Peter.

People are funny though but with any name you choose people will find a nickname or short form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->