Struggling with low blood pressure

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Any tips on how to bring up low blood pressure, it's really getting me down. It starts as soon as I get out of bed (this could be my blood sugar levels as I'm okay once I eat) but throughout the day many many times I go really shakey, the colour drains from my face, my heart races, I feel like there's a lump in my throat and i feel really sick and weak.

I'm struggling to work like this as its whenever I'm on my feet and sadly I work in retail so no cushy job sat at a desk.

At first it was happening a few times a week, now it barely goes away. I've had my blood pressure taken a few times but obviously it's been fine when I've had it done.

Can anyone advise me? I feel like crying it's such a horrible feeling

Maybe get your blood sugar levels checked hun, probably unlikely but you can develop diabetes when pregnant, are you more thirsty than normal? X

Maybe get your blood sugar levels checked hun, probably unlikely but you can develop diabetes when pregnant, are you more thirsty than normal? X

I am drinking a lot more hun yeah, I try to drink a lot anyway because of the migraines I get when I'm dehydrated. Now im literally drinking 8 pints of water a day plus 3 or 4 500ml bottles of water which is an extreme amount of water for me in just one day.

I've never had GD before, but my impression of this is you put on a hell of a lot of weight? I don't know lol I'm still thin everywhere but my bump has ballooned the past 2 days at the same time this feeling I have had got worse around the same time!

I have my appointment with my consultant tomorrow, he will check my urine anyway :)

I am drinking a lot more hun yeah, I try to drink a lot anyway because of the migraines I get when I'm dehydrated. Now im literally drinking 8 pints of water a day plus 3 or 4 500ml bottles of water which is an extreme amount of water for me in just one day.

I've never had GD before, but my impression of this is you put on a hell of a lot of weight? I don't know lol I'm still thin everywhere but my bump has ballooned the past 2 days at the same time this feeling I have had got worse around the same time!

I have my appointment with my consultant tomorrow, he will check my urine anyway :)
Don’t think everyone will put on weight with GD and it probably isn’t that but worth mentioning to your consultant/midwife anyway

She said it all looks fine, she did say as my uterus is pretty large its pressing on something internally, that along with me cronicly constipated somethings getting crushed in there hahaha

I was just going to write something about low blood sugar. I have been getting the worst “eye headaches” the one day we just went to another town to see my nephews play baseball and I got out of the car, and I though it was going to be a raging migraine. I ate and drank a Pepsi and it did get a little better but was still there. I have been so irritable and I’m wondering if it’s my sugar going too low. My dad has diabetes so I’m going to borrow his meter to check it. It’s horrible, my neck is out but I feel like it’s more than that. I do feel better when I eat. Especially with you being so sick maybe that’s your problem!

I lost weight with GD - diabetes means your body can't process all the sugar you consume, so it just dumps into your blood. So you don't need to gain weight, and weight loss is a symptom.

This doesn't sound like low blood pressure to me, and I had low enough blood pressure last time that the nurses were always a little alarmed (75/45 at one point), and I worked in retail too at the time. (my sympathies, it's awful enough when you're not pregnant).

If it is your blood pressure, salt will help up it, but make sure you check first. You certainly don't want to be adding salt to your diet if you aren't absolutely certain that you have very low blood pressure. Pregnancy can cause high blood pressure, and increasing that inadvertently could be - as bad as fatal.

I lost weight with GD - diabetes means your body can't process all the sugar you consume, so it just dumps into your blood. So you don't need to gain weight, and weight loss is a symptom.

This doesn't sound like low blood pressure to me, and I had low enough blood pressure last time that the nurses were always a little alarmed (75/45 at one point), and I worked in retail too at the time. (my sympathies, it's awful enough when you're not pregnant).

If it is your blood pressure, salt will help up it, but make sure you check first. You certainly don't want to be adding salt to your diet if you aren't absolutely certain that you have very low blood pressure. Pregnancy can cause high blood pressure, and increasing that inadvertently could be - as bad as fatal.

What were your symptoms and when did they start? I have never felt like this in any of my pregnancies. I had the typical headaches in the very beginning but I think that was from not drinking coffee but these are different. I felt like crap in the morning and then got shakey so I figured I better eat something and I did and it did get better so I’m wondering if it is because of my sugar.

I didn't have any really. Not that I noticed, but I was diagnosed after the standard test - they did it early for me because of my family history of diabetes.

I had my blood pressure checked and it was fine! I still get this this now and again but since I posted it seems to be better, I am eating more but at the same time my morning sickness and nausea had come back :(

She said it all looks fine, she did say as my uterus is pretty large its pressing on something internally, that along with me cronicly constipated somethings getting crushed in there hahaha
Glad all is ok! Baby just letting you know he’s still there lol

I had my blood pressure checked and it was fine! I still get this this now and again but since I posted it seems to be better, I am eating more but at the same time my morning sickness and nausea had come back :(
Oh no, is it bad? I’m still feeling quite nauseous a lot and I’m 14 weeks today (today is the best morning I’ve had so far with feeling sick) luckily I’m not being sick as much. Are you being sick quite a lot again? Hopefully it won’t last and you feel better soon x

Oh no, is it bad? I’m still feeling quite nauseous a lot and I’m 14 weeks today (today is the best morning I’ve had so far with feeling sick) luckily I’m not being sick as much. Are you being sick quite a lot again? Hopefully it won’t last and you feel better soon x

Thankfully no hun I've only been sick twice but feel sick a lot!!! I feel like 1st tri again! Just not as bad thankfully I can deal with this lol

I'd be concerned about GD or iron deficiency anemia.

Have you had blood tests done?

I'd be concerned about GD or iron deficiency anemia.

Have you had blood tests done?

Yeah all fine lol! Funny thing is I suffer with anemia anyway, but when I'm pregnant my levels seem to be in a healthy range, then I need my tablets again after the birth. I dont have GD my consultant ruled that out.

She seems to think as my bump is really high at the moment it's kind if sitting under my boobs, so its making me short of breath, I've not had that this early in pregnancy before normally that happens later on, but this is my 3rd baby and I'm bigger than I've been on all pregnancies put together right now lol

I think this was low blood pressure but I was in town last week with my partner thankfully and the heat in the shops was getting to me (they normally do but the only thing it does is annoy me). It got to the point I had to leave and I felt like I was going to throw up. My partner came out and said I looked white as a ghost. He walked along side me and all of a sudden my vision went blurry and I had to hold onto him. After walking to burger King for a drink and sitting down I was able to go back to normal. It was scary and I'm not sure what I would have done if my partner wasn't there.

I think this was low blood pressure but I was in town last week with my partner thankfully and the heat in the shops was getting to me (they normally do but the only thing it does is annoy me). It got to the point I had to leave and I felt like I was going to throw up. My partner came out and said I looked white as a ghost. He walked along side me and all of a sudden my vision went blurry and I had to hold onto him. After walking to burger King for a drink and sitting down I was able to go back to normal. It was scary and I'm not sure what I would have done if my partner wasn't there.

Exactly how I felt hun, luckily it's stopped now only happens once in a while, I'm just short of breath most of the time now as baby has had a huge growth spurt and bump us right under my boobs lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->