Struggling with pregnancy & Chronic Fatigue

ermie77

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm 10 wks today & am really struggling. I was finally diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) in July 2011 after years of mis-diagnosis & put on Amitriptyline (25mg-50mg depending on how bad I was that day) as a muscle relaxant & Propranolol (80mg) to get me relax in the 1st place.

I had to come off my meds August bank holiday as they're not recommended in the 1st trimester & have been finding it so hard since. I just don't have the energy to do anything, my house needs a throughly good clean and my mood is getting lower & lower.

I went back to the GP today & she said I could maybe go back on my meds at 12 weeks. Does/has anyone else take/n meds for CFS/ME from the second trimester onwards & have they helped?

Also I'm booked in for CVS on 17 October 2011 as I had a positive test result for an hereditary disease. The harsh reality is that if the baby is also positive for the disease we are not given any options but have to terminate.

Thanks

Hey :hugs:
As someone who has chronic depression, borderline personality disorder and have struggled with an eating disorder for years, I have gone and gotten myself a bad bout of fatigue and am pregnant now which is amazing but like you I suffer badly with fatigue and mental exhaustion. I read that TCAs like amitriptyline are catergory C meaning studies have not been conclusively done to reveal any abnormalities but beta blockers are meant to be used with caution however I think in your case, as someone with these issues too, that medication will outweigh the risks for you.
You might need to ask about some sort of muscle relaxant and a low dose antidepressant that is safer for pregnancy as in Category B2 or C but no lower
I take effexor and its Cat. B2 so Its a small risk but many studies have been done and a lot of women have given birth to healthy babies and they have not lost their minds or their physical health by taking them either.
I personally think a medication would be good for you :)
small dose off course but something to help with your fatigue as it does bring on depression and vice versa

i have chronic fatigue syndrome but im no help as i felt amazing all my pregnancey and was really ill after birth till lo was one i couldnt get out of bed. the only thing i did have when i was pregnant was aches but i think thats pritty normal. i had accupuncture to help. i know people who have took meds like amatripalyne and its helped during pregnancey i take that at the mo to. if i can help or youve any questions pls pm me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->