struggling

Helabela

Mum to Sophie and ttc
Reaction score
I want this baby and I'm very lucky to have conceived however I'm really struggling with my short temper n I think it's down to not just hormones but trying to come off anti depressants. I've been on them for 2 years and really can't live without them but I'm petrified they r going to harm my unborn baby. I haven't taken one for 3 days and today I have felt so stressed and short tempered everything is annoying me :( I'm trying to eat healthy n that's gone out the windows with contact cravings for cheese and pizza . I guess I just need to vent lol!! I was supposed to go see the doctor yesterday but I felt so sick and tired n didn't go so am hoping to get in to see one on Monday.

Hi :)

Your hormones will be all over the place at the moment. Have you stopped taking your anti depressants out right or have you cut them down gradually? I was on anti depressants a few years ago and was told that you have to wean off them slowly. Definitely go to the doctors on Monday if you can and your GP will be able to advise you of your options. Good luck :flower:

I know coming off of medication can be hard, but quitting cold turkey without discussing it with your doctor was not a safe move for you or your baby. Your hormones are way out of whack right now. Your doctor knows you and has likely treated pregnant patients before. They would have either charted the safest course for you and medication through pregnancy or weaned you off slowly. It's ok to need to continue medication while pregnant. Sometimes not is worse than taking it. I suffer from high anxiety disorder and was delivered at 32 weeks because my mom was so stressed out her body literally began attacking her and me. And I have anxiety because I grew in womb exposed to those hormones and feelings. Sometimes pregnancy makes it better and sometimes it makes it worse. But that's something you need to sit down with your doctor (or two or three for multiple opinions) and discuss.

I'm sorry that you are having a rough go of things. I do hope it gets better for you :hugs:

I've never gone off antidepressants while pregnant, but I have gotten a VERY short temper with some of my pregnancies. Extremely short! Oh, especially when I'm "hangry." I eat non-stop throughout my first trimesters, lol, but if I go an hour without eating, The Beast comes out. BeLIEVE me, it's not just you.

^ that too. The sleep rage or hanger is a thousand times worse when pregnant lol

Yes I have to keep eaten in often lol x

There are a number of anti-depressants that are safe during pregnancy. I completely understand not wanting to take medication during pregnancy, but would urge you to speak to your doctor.

I am in the exact same boat!!! I literally just posted about this, so glad I found your thread. I am still on my anti depressants and my dr has advised me in the past to NOT come off of them.

I get it hon. I have OCD (and not in the cute way people joke about when they clean a lot or have to check if the iron's off ten times - I'm talking about the real, ugly stuff) and I have had to come off my treatments. Before I got pregnant, I made sure I was off all pharmaceuticals, but I have had to go off my alternative medicine now (NAC and lavender oil pills) since there are no studies to show how these affect baby, and it has been tough.

Easier said than done, but lots of rest, water, super super super clean eating and exercise. People in my neighbourhood always commend me on my willpower, since rain or shine or snow, I'm always running and hitting the gym, but it has nothing to do with willpower. As someone who has struggled with mental illness her whole life (eating disorders, anxiety and depression on top of the OCD), exercise, eating well and getting my rest are the only ways I can cope. It's not always a red letter day, but they will help you get through relatively unscathed.

And also, are you clear to come off your meds? I know many women who stayed on at their current or reduced dose and have had perfectly splendid babies. I gather it depends on the kind of medication. I'm sure you've talked to your doctor, but I was just wondering.

Hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->