Stuck on choosing a middle name

JerseyRose

TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So we have chosen Jordan for our baby girl's first name, but I'm really indecisive on a middle name.

For a while I've been set on Jordan Ava, as it's commonly a boys first name I want something pretty for her second name.

Another one I like is Jordan Rose (I know it's silly but DH's ex's surname is Rose and for some reason it bothers me!) She's in a relationship with one of DH's friends, so we still see her every now and then even though we both think she's an idiot, but I don't want her to think she has any influence on our child's name! Am I just being silly? She'll obviously get married one day and change her name anyway right?

Anyway! Another name I like is Jordan Rylee (or Riley, I do kind of prefer the proper way to spell names).

What do you ladies think? Have you got any other name suggestions that go nicely with Jordan?

Thanks in advance! :flower:

I'd be turned off using "Rose" too. Honestly, if it were me, I'd just pick something else. lol But...that's my opinion. :flower:

I like Ava over Riley. :)

Jordan and Riley were both on our list of "baby girl names". :) We let our oldest son choose, and he didn't choose either of them, but we LOVE them. And I LOVE Jordan Riley!!!!!

Our second son has the same first name of an ex of mine, but he's not in our lives at all, so the name NEVER makes me (or OH) think of him. In fact, I only remembered it was the name of an ex when a friend of mine mentioned it, when my LO was like 2 months old. :haha:

I wouldn't go Rose, I also prefer Ava over Riley :)

Thanks ladies!

You have definitely convinced me that Rose is no longer in the running!

DH prefers Riley over Ava, so I'm now leaning towards Jordan Riley.

I still like Ava, but it's in the top 10 list of most popular names for 2014 so that kind of puts me off.

I am liking that Jordan and Riley are both normal names but they both aren't extremely popular especially for girls so it makes it a bit unique :winkwink:

I have always loved the name Jordan for a boy. I recently met a pretty little girl, wearing pink, and looking super girly named Jordan - and she made me instantly love the name for a girl!!

I would differentiate the spelling though. In my opinion, Jordan would be the male version and Jordyn would be the girlier version.

I would also pair it with a feminine middle name (not Riley/Rilee - even though it sounds good, its also a unisex name).

Jordyn Ava
Jordyn Isabella
Jordyn Madaline
Jordyn Lily
Jordyn Lilliana
Jordyn Rosalie (similar to Rose but not the same as the ex)
Jordyn Violet
Jordyn Juliet (love this one!)

LOVE Jordan Riley but I agree with them both being unisex names it might be a bit odd if that's what you're trying to avoid.
Jordan Rhyleigh is an option that makes it very girly
Jordan Elizabeth
Jordan Marie
Jordan Mae
Jordan Summer
Jordan Louise
Jordan Amelia
Jordan Skye
Jordan Harper

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts